What's new

When can we expect Remastered CD's of STEVE WINWOOD? (1 Viewer)

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I love the song The Finer Things, but the audio quality of this, and all Winwood solo material, is inferior to what it could be with a Remaster done for it.

Seems that Steve Winwood has been overlooked when it comes to the good treatment. Any news to any upcoming remaster for his solo albums?

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Try to find the Mobile Fidelity version of "Back In The High Life." To this day it is one of my best sounding CDs. The remastering of this album is as crisp and clean as can be. The instruments are just so present it's amazing. It's also got some excellent tunes. Easily my favorite Winwood album.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up a copy of "About Time" and it states that it is a remaster although considering it's age (like 5 years old), I'm not 100% about that. Anyway, it's a weird Dual-Disc version...it comes with a CD of the album, then a separate, 2nd "Dual-Disc" with the album repeated again on the "CD" side along with 3 bonus tracks (Dear Mr. Fantasy, Why Can't We Live Together and Voodoo Chile). Then on the "DVD" side, the entire album is present in the form of "enhanced stereo" (2-channel PCM, registering 1.5MBPS on my PS3) along with the 3 aforementioned bonus tracks and live concert performances in video. Not to mention, it's a great album! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peteo
Recent bookmarks