When can new Pioneer Elite receivers be expected?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CurtisBilly, Mar 28, 2002.

1. CurtisBilly

CurtisBilly Extra

For those of us who drool over the vsx-47tx and vsx-49tx, but are more in the budget range of like the vsx-33/35tx price range...

When can we expect something like an elite vsx-43tx or vsx-45tx? It seems like these are due for an update with DPLII and DTS-ES Discrete as well as a sixth power amp.

Anybody else waiting in anticipation?

2. Matt Malto

Matt Malto Stunt Coordinator

I am definitely interested as well. Anyone have any news?

3. RajeeK

RajeeK Second Unit

Sorry to rub it in, but I do try and keep up with Pioneer news since I got my 49TX, but I have not heard anything about the new models. And nothing I recall was announced at the recent CES except for the 47/49TX information.

4. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

I'm sorry I can't add any info about new models but now is a GREAT time to buy what's available. I just picked up a VSX-35TX last night for $488! It doesn't have the latest and greatest features but it is easy to use, sounds incredible, looks great, good remote, solid and smooth sounding...oh gosh, I'm rambling. [​IMG] But I've only had it for 12hrs and LOVE it. If no new models are coming out soon and you dont need PLII or DTS ES (though this does have THX EX processing) I would not hesitate to recommend it!
    Regards,
    Dan Hine

5. CurtisBilly

CurtisBilly Extra

Dan I think the VSX-33TX or VSX-35TX just might be enough model for me, but I know that if something came out in 3-4 months that had all kinds of great features I would be plagued with buyer's remorse.

Wherever did you get that price. If that was an authorized dealer, I want some of that action!

Curtis

6. Jason Caudill

Jason Caudill Stunt Coordinator

Late summer I think is when the new models will start showing up. Jason

7. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Curtis,
    I got my Elite at a Tweeter in Charlotte, NC. And the Tweeters in my area are notorious for selling everything at list. I don't think you should have a hard time talking down your local hifi shop. I too thought I may end up with buyers remorse but when I thought about how:
    1) I don't have room for a rear center
    2) I wanted to buy from an authorized dealer
    3) I didn't want to spend $799 or more ($799 was their
    cost for the Denon 2802)
    4) Though I like PLII I don't see myself using it much
    It made it very easy for me to pick the 35tx. I didn't get to play with it more yesterday but what with the weekend here I'm looking forward to spending some more quality time. [​IMG]
    Regards,
    Dan Hine