What's new

When buying a new receiver how much do you listen to the sales person? (1 Viewer)

Luke_Y

Second Unit
I do my homework elsewhere and don't look to most salespersons for advice. I try to be polite though. Usually as soon as they ask if they can help me I reply in a friendly manner:
What's your name?
Dave
Hi Dave, right now I just want to look/listen a little. If I have a question, or need something, I will find YOU or ask for YOU. If you don't mind, let the other guys know that I have already been helped. Thanks :)
This usually works out well.

Sebastien David

Second Unit
Luke,

good attitude, good customer. wish there were more like you. very often when you say hi to somebody, they kind of back up (I've even seen some flee out of the store!) or become rather agressive...

Michael Roderiques

Stunt Coordinator
I would say I have been very lucky. Over the last several years I have not had to deal with audio sales people from the buying customer side.

I do go into shops and look around, ask a few questions and see what is the products that are being pushed.

When I do go into shops I tend to take the same approach as Luke.

Thing is a lot of the local shops know me and some of the longtime guys wander over and say Hi and will point out the newest this or that.

And you always get the inside scoop on what is coming back in and what is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks