What's new

When are you setting up your Christmas lights and tree?? (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Since we are having some incredibly nice weather here (60's-low 70's), and Directv is already playing their Christmas music channel (get's me in the spirit of things), I think I'm going to try to hook up the outdoor lights next weekend.
As for our tree, it will be put up the day after Thanksgiving as we always have. :)
How about you??
------------------
Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at Link Removed
Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Link Removed

Richard_T

Second Unit
My girlfriend is a real Christmas freak. She wanted to put up our tree on today but I kind of talked her out of it. If it was up to her, we'd be decorating right after Halloween!! I'd say by the last weekend in November, I'll be ready. I just think if you put them up too soon, you'll kind of be sick of them buy the time Christmas comes. That's my opinion anyway.
biggrin.gif

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
We usually put ours up a few days after Thanksgiving.
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
We usually put ours up the day before Thanksgiving.
------------------
To the men and women of the N.Y. police and fire department
God bless you.
To the victims and their families
God keep you.
To the dirtbags who caused all this
God help you!!!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
In these countries, we have an important children's event first: Sinterklaas (St. Nicholas) - watch the familiair pronounciation of his name! - who visits our homes at the evening of Decemer 5th (the day before his birthday) to bring lots of presents for the children and funny surprises - even with poems - for all. He - and this habit - were known even around 1000 AD.
Only after that can we put up a Christmas Tree. We prefer a real tree, so I often wait until December 15 or 20, in order to have it longer. It leaves the house about January 7th.
Cees
[Edited last by Cees Alons on November 11, 2001 at 05:45 AM]

BruceN

Auditioning
We usually put the lights in various evergreen trees in our yard (each tree a different color) the weekend after Thanksgiving. I wait until December 1st to light them up, however. The inside tree is usually a couple of weeks before Christmas.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Thanksgiving night we start our Christmas traditions with a viewing of "Christmas Vacation". That gets me in the mood to tramp through the attic/basement searching for all the exterior decorating accessories the next morning. I then spend way too long piecing everything together... Usually by Sunday the outside is done.
We do the tree the next weekend, if my daughter lets me wait that long.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have decided to do my part in combatting global warming. The tree can stay in the forest to soak up all the greenhouse gas emissions that are going to be generated by gas fired electrical plants running at max. capacity to provide power for all those Christmas lights. As a further measure I am not putting up any lights.
On Christmas I will jump into my gas Guzzling truck and go out to my sister's place and admire her tree and lights...I will at the appropriate time say.....Oooooh......aaahhh...nice tree!! :)

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
Usually in the first two weeks of December. Anything earlier is just wrong. Like what's the deal with x-mas decorations in the malls on Nov 1? To me, that's still halloween. Just goes to prove my theory of "Christmoween" :)
Unfortunately, there's no plug on my apartment's balcony so no lights outside for me
frown.gif
Stupid people built this place.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
We put up the tree the weekend after thanksgiving. Although with thanksgiving coming early this year, we may wait a week so the tree lasts longer, we get a real one.
Plus we always top the night off by watching "It's a Wonderful Life"
------------------
------ Dave ------
------------------
Link Removed

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
This is our first year in our new house, and my girlfriend is estactic about having Christmas in her own house this year. We'll probably be setting up the tree in early December, since its an artificial tree. If it were a live tree, we'd probably wait until a week or two before Christmas.
We're also making gingerbread houses this year. That'll be fun.
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Probably in the beginning of December. That real Christmas feeling never comes around here though, IMO, since it's sunny and warm all the time. But we do our best with fake snowmen, christmas trees and other things. I like Christmas decorations. :)
/Mike

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Since I put up a real tree and want it to last through New Year's, I usually wait until the first or second weekend in December (depending when the dates fall) before I put one up. I may throw the net lights over my bushes Thanksgiving weekend, if not before.
patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks