What's new

When are We going to see a Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Blu-ray Release?! (3 Viewers)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Hey Gary this year I cannot fool you about what Voyage episode I will be watching thanks to Harry. The fun thing was I wanted to find the episode in season 3 which showed the flying sub from getting ready to launch from inside Seaview. Great and to me is was a great episode. The episode Irwin loved. I found it tonight.

Well this weekend I shall watch maybe twice the episode which fits this weekend. Happy Voyage to all fans!!!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Happy St Pat's everyone. I will be glued to me screen later to day with my favorite St Pat's day episode. I watched it this weekend. I saw a great deal of humor from my favorite actor Richard Basehart in this fun episode. If only fans could see it that way I think they would enjoy it. Sorry you all have my consent to begin the pouring of green beer on me.

Love to have Harry give us a screen shot of this episode.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Hey welcome to the Voyage thread!! You will not be sorry about the movie because they did a very nice job on it.

The series too can be picked up cheap if you find the right price. The only thing some people have reported problems with some of the sets. Season 1 seems to have them and I am sure more fans would tell of others.

I would buy from Amazon themselves rather than a market place person because of this.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I have only the last 3 Voyage episodes left from Season 4 and I will be done. So now I am going over favorite episodes from each season. I cannot believe I watched all 4 seasons since I began watching last Sept along with my yearly rotation on Time Tunnel Dark Shadows Peyton Place.I found that season 2 the volume 1 to really be an extended version of season 1. I also loved some of the special effects used and were never used again. The flying sub taking off in the sky at night with the lights on.The romance angle in season 2 with Richard having a on screen kiss and David having a few himself in season 2. They were not kissing monsters either just a joke.

KarlB737

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Karl
On A Side Note:

It would seem to me that the Seaview is better equipped and staffed to locate a downed airliner. A real life crediable story such as this would make a good full length movie with true realism for a change. I state all of this not in any way being insensative to the real life tradgedy this is currently taking place. What I am saying is because of the difficulties that occurred in this true story I could not help thinking how much the Seaview crew might have been able to detect this jet much sooner.

What do you think?

Karl

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I finished Voyage some weeks ago and as I said I am watching favorites from all seasons.Tonight Nelson and Sharkey in that great episode from season 2 where they are on the prehistoric island.I love the banter here and this is where Basehart states I want that guy to stay with the show. Forget the story and watch the acting. Yes most will say that is what you must do with Voyage.I will tell you and state a million reasons why not. The acting make some of those plots not bad at all. Sure this is not Star Trek and Irwin never said it was.Worth an in depth book like Mannix?NO!Voyage is a show of pure entertainment! I need that in my life. I want to forget the daily problems I have and the worlds problems and escape on board Seaview.Worth a book a biography of Richard Basehart?? You darn right there should be one. TCM should this summer honor him as star of the month.Well Richard I honor you for what you did in Voyage. Thanks Fox for such a great restoration.I tip my hat to the Admiral of Seaview.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
TCM Film Festival this weekend. I hope people from TCM will give Richard his own "Summer Under The Stars" day this August. Robert has stated he was one of the great actors of our time.

Richard has a wealth of movies that TCM could choose from. TCM please consider giving Richard Basehart his day of honor.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Mark Collins said:
TCM Film Festival this weekend. I hope people from TCM will give Richard his own "Summer Under The Stars" day this August. Robert has stated he was one of the great actors of our time.

Richard has a wealth of movies that TCM could choose from. TCM please consider giving Richard Basehart his day of honor.
I love Basehart in Allied Artists HITLER (1961) He gives a GREAT performance in a different take on The Fuhrer. An often overlooked film.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I watched Edge of Doom the third from the last episode of the series. People blast season 4 but there are episodes you can hang your hat on and just enjoy. You can see how much the actors enjoy it too.

People I think miss the fact that Voyage as crazy as some plots would get was a group of actors who liked working together. I think Irwin Allen should be praised for the casting on this show.

I love the smile on Richard Basehart's face in the end of the first episode of season 4 with Victor Jory when he asks Chip how he feels.

Chip to me is us in the series and I always enjoy his scenes.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Mark, did you watch the episode from S3 where it's just Nelson and Crane and Sharkey on the Seaview and Crane is hunting Nelson? That's one of my all time favorites.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I've revisited a few episodes lately (partly because I'm writing a fanfic story that is in part a Voyage crossover and want to get some details right) and enjoyed seeing again my favorite S1 episode the underrated "Hail To The Chief" which boasts the best guest cast ensemble of any Voyage episode (especially when you consider how poor the guest cast talent and depth got as the show went on). John Hoyt, Malcolm Atterbury (who I always associate with the line "That plane's dusting crops where there ain't no crops!"), Ed "Chief" Platt, James Doohan, along with a great scene-chewing villainess in Viveca Lindfors AND a too brief appearance by Nancy Kovack. Plus, I love the final line, "We don't know anyone in Norfolk, Virginia anyway!"

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Glen that was a great episode in season 3. Just like S4 not all were bad. Day the World Ended or called something of that sort was pretty good from S3 too.

Sorry Jack guest casting never impressed me about Voyage. The cast themselves and the plots they had to deal with was what impressed me. Plots good or bad in some peoples minds that cast always kept Voyage grounded.

Season 1 beside the Christmas episode one of the best and there are many from that season is "Sub Sunk Here" is the name I believe. Man I watched that just this Saturday and again every word and the acting was solid.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I love all three of the 1st season episodes that have been mentioned. "Hail to the Chief" does have high drama and is done very well, imho. "Long Live the King" is a very nice Christmas-themed episode that I generally watch every year. And "Sub Sank Here" is easily the best episode of the series in my book.

Gary "you guys are putting me in the mood to pull out S1 and start watching again" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm going to assume Mark, you were talking to me even though my name isn't Joe. My view is that if Irwin had a better budget for guest stars in S3-4 like he did in S1 when the caliber of guest casts is so much higher, it would have made a lot of those truly bad S4 episodes more palatable. When your main guest star is John Crawford (Commissioner Ferris in the Star Trek "Galileo Seven" episode) you're pretty much revealing you don't have a budget for halfway decent names (and Irwin sure had an aversion to female guests after the early part of S2 as well!).

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Sorry Jack correction already made. The special effects and Victor Jory a great actor for Fires of Death was a great season opener. I know how many hate every thing from season 3 and 4 but I always said there were monsters even in season 1. Women I will not even start on Nancy except she was in almost every season of Mannix. Mike Conners must have liked her or she would not been in Mannix so often.

Funny Irwin has stated he hated waiting I guess for women on the set. I loved Susan in escape from Venice and thought it was leading to more roles on Voyage.

Can you speak more about your book? :)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
She certainly brightened up Mannix! :) (won an Emmy nomination her first time) Yes, Irwin made his crack about women fixing their hair or nails I think which didn't say well of him then. I don't disagree that S1 had monsters too, but they just seemed less annoying then than they did later and if I'd had some more familiar names (not just one main guest) I'd have I think been more tolerant of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks