When are we getting Family Guy?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Porter, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

I'm very frustrated. It's out on region 2 but it won't make it's way over here. Is there any chance we'll get it. If not, I'll have to make my player a multi-region player (How do you do that by the way?).

~Kevin

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Making your deck region free is typically not worth it, due to the ludicrous prices for kits from Europe. It requires good soldering skills even if you can get the chip. You're better off buying a new player

You can't watch the discs with just a region free player, you need a PAL to NTSC converter, which the Malata N996 has in addition to being region free and progressive scan.

Since the discs are basically finished already, I'm guessing that since it's cancelled they'll try to selll the show into syndication and then release the DVDs after that.

3. Richard Ruffner

Richard Ruffner Stunt Coordinator

Um, Family Guy is cancelled? Since when? I heard about Futurama being cancelled, but not FG.

4. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

I think he is confused. Futurama is cancelled not Family Guy.

5. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

Actually, "Family Guy" is indeed canceled. They're still showing the episodes that have already been produced but when they've been aired, the show is gone for good. I guess Fox finally realized that a small fanbase isn't enough to save a show with such poor ratings that consistantly gets bad reviews.

6. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

7. Derek M Germano

Derek M Germano Second Unit

There is an on-line petition trying to resurrect FAMILY GUY at http://www.petitiononline.com/savefg2/petition.html as well as a letter writing campaign to the following:
    Ms. Gail Berman
    President
    Building 100 Room 4450
    10201 W. Pico Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90035
    AND
    Mr. Sandy Grushow
    Chairman
    Building 100 Room 5110
    10201 W. Pico Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90035