when are the PCI's shipping?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Meissner, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Joe Meissner

Joe Meissner Stunt Coordinator

this is killing my co-worker not having a sub. any idea when they will be shipping.?

2. Dave Cukina

Dave Cukina Stunt Coordinator

Hey Joe the last I heard was the end of this week and the preorders should all be shipped by the end of next week. Ron or Tom please correct me if I'm wrong.. :b

Dave

3. Jeff Brink

Jeff Brink Stunt Coordinator

Uh, um, yeah, my co-worker is really having a difficult time as well. I thought I may have heard something about his wife and kids moving in with the in-laws because of the foul mood swings they have encountered with me, I mean him in the last week or two. In any case, I sure would like to see my, urr, his family stick together. Hard to believe he could become this evil person over something as trivial as an SVS PCi subwoofer.[​IMG] At least that is my third party understanding.
    So how bout it, Tom or Ron, any news that will help me, I mean him stick it out with his family. (Not to mention, his work performance is truly suffering as well!) [​IMG]
    Thanks!!!

4. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

I don't think Tom will mind if I copy & paste his response to this question (also asked over at HTS). Besides, I'm sure he's too busy to put his whip down at the shop....you do want your PCi to ship on time don't you?! [​IMG]
    We are still looking to begin shipments on the PCi models before the end of March[tick,tick,tick[​IMG]].
    We should be able to ship out ALL current orders sometime next week...and then all new orders will be on our typical 1-3 business day "order to ship" window".

5. SanfordL

SanfordL Stunt Coordinator

End of next week eh? Exxxxxxsellent. [​IMG] Last I heard they would be out by the end of the month, but with the production issues SVS had regarding the plate stamping, next week is great. I just can't wait, and have all my favorite bass heavy DVD's lined up in the bull pin waiting. Is it next week yet? How about now?

6. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Quick update,
    We have shipping confirmation on our first shipment of BASH amps! We are hoping for a Friday delivery(please keep your fingers crossed).
    We might be able to begin shipments Friday evening...and we'll work all weekend to make sure we get all the pre-orders filled asap!
    I think everyone is going to be glad they waited. Matching our new CS/PC driver with a 325w(ish) BASH amp makes for quite a good subwoofer[​IMG]
    TV

7. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

Thanks for the update Tom!!! Great news indeed!!! [​IMG] We all appreciate your timely status updates!!! It's probably been said a thousand times, but I'm going to say it again, . . . your Customer Service & Communications is A1 Top Notch and Unsurpassed.

8. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

I can't wait till they ship. I bought Titan AE, JP3 and Pearl Harbor and they are all still wrapped up waiting for the arrival of my new sub so I can REALLY hear how bass is supposed to sound. [​IMG]
    Ken

9. aaron_dewitt

aaron_dewitt Agent

Im going crazy with no sub!! Especially when you hear what speakers i am using right now. Im in the process of upgrading my Hometheater. First I had boses lifesytle 12 system.. Then I started to learn a little more and convinced my dad that we need a reciever that can handle DTS and DD. SO i bought a ps1000 sub and sony 835 reciever. I used all the bose cubes as my speakers connected to the sony. Well i found this forum and it is taking me to a new level. I have a denon 3802 coming in on friday, a SVS 20-39pci sub on the way. And then this summber i plan on purchases the Klipsch Reference series 7 speakers. I have already sold my old reicever and paradigm. So until my svs comes im stuck listening to my denon hookedup with Bose cubes [​IMG] ... I cannot wait for my system to be complete but bass will diffenitly help in the mean time.
    Thanks to all who have helped me learn more about Home Theater.
    Aaron

10. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

After several small delays our new, cutting-edge digital amps FINALLY shipped. With luck Tom and his crew will be working double shifts over the weekend to get a first load of subs out. There are MANY on pre-order (no, I won't say just how many) but rest assured the pipeline is about to fill up.

Could be Monday/Tuesday before any ship but I figured you would want a brief update.

Thanks for your patience on this. Looks like we'll miss our self-imposed projection date by a few days ("late March" runs thru Easter Sunday after all) but after you fire them up I know you'll forget about all that. ;^)

Ron

11. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. SanfordL

Ron and Tom, I think I can hear the 48' UPS semi's backing into your dock as I write (I think I can, I think I can, I know I can....) Thanks for the great news, and feel free to take your time getting everything just right. While I think we are all impatiently waiting, we can wait for the perfect sub to arrive. [​IMG] I just can't wait for the look on the UPS guys face when he tries to lift that box out of his truck. I already have my two wheeler in the garage awaiting his arrival.

13. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

Slightly OT

Does anyone know if the new BASH amps have subsonic filtering? Maybe it's only necessary for the CS version but I'm unclear on this and I'd like to know.

Anyone?

14. Art_C

Art_C Stunt Coordinator

Huh, I thought the thing weights in at ~50lbs... The 16's probably weights more than that. Maybe I should hit the gym before the sub gets here. :b Gotta get the thing up the stairs so how...

15. Jeff Brink

Ron and Tom,
    My co-worker told me he apologized to his wife and kids for his recent behavior. [​IMG] After this recent update on shipping, I, I mean he, finally came to his senses!
    I can't say how refreshing it is to deal with a company like SVS. I know you guys probably get a little overwhelmed by all the "love" you get on your product and service. In today's world, however, you just don't come across people like you guys and companies like SVS too often. In fact, I would say it is more like close to never. With out getting too carried away, I would like to say again, I appreciate it. Oh, and uh, so does my co-worker![​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

The PCi will weigh about 60Lb.

We have spent a considerable amount of time optimizing the entire frequency spectrum on the BASH amps...with our own subsonic filter design included for each model.

Jeff, it is a labor of love. If Ron and I started looking at SVS solely as a business venture...we'd quickly realize the amount of hours we put in could be better spent in plenty of other *business* like arenas.

TV

17. Jeff Brink

Tom,
    I can make it over to Y-town in less than an hour if you need any help this weekend![​IMG] Will work for sub!

18. SanfordL

Tom, Ron, I second that notion. I will work for food, er, fer subsonic sound capabilities. Chicago to wherever Ohio isn't that far, and for another 16-46 PCi, I'll drive forklifts, splice wires, glue boxes, load boxes, sweep floors, whatever you might need (within reason of course[​IMG] .)

19. John_VI

John_VI Second Unit

I can see it now. A line of SVS-hungry HT enthusiasts standing outside the SVS factory holding signs that say....

"Will work for bass. God bless."

Now where did I put that magic marker.....

20. Art_C

Art_C Stunt Coordinator

I will work for free as long as I'm the QA guy.
    Dreaming of 200+ SVS PCi's in the same room...
    Putting in THX demo...
    [​IMG]