What's new

When are the NEW SVS's coming???? (1 Viewer)

RickRO

Stunt Coordinator
I was trying to determine when the new MTS-01's are going to "hit the street." Their website says mid/late 2006 but I have not heard or seen anything on their website indicating the status of their new product. Anybody round here know of any info?

I have been looking at the SBS-01 for my HT and now they are back-ordered. I'm not ready to order quite yet, but if my construction takes as long as I think it will the MTS-01 would/should be available by the time I need speakers.

Anybody got any ideas on how they will compare to say the Ascend 340SE or say the Axiom M22's. Pure speculation I know but I have been driving myself crazy going between manufactures. The SBS-01's have been compared to the Ascend 170SE's and I have read where some of the Ascend customers have complained about build quality.....no such complaints about the SVS or Axiom's.

I have got it narrowed down to the Axiom's, SVS, and the Ascends.

Just trying to get it all straight in my head.

Anyway sorry so long just trying to get input on what the new MTS-01 might be like. Anybody else curious?

Rick

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
I couldn't tell you when they are coming out but I will say that SVS has a GREAT deal of respect for Ascend speakers and recognize that they are fantastic speakers. I can't seem to find the link but Tom from SVS in a post said that.

CAUTION: Every SINGLE thing I am about to say is PURELY speculation and I will probably be proved wrong in the near future.......but who cares!! LOL!!

I think you will find that the new speakers may be in the same league as the Ascend 340's or a bit less. I have seen many reviews from people who have both the 170's and SBS-01's and they like the 170 A BIT better...but hey are more money too....... I would think the MTS-01 would be comparable the 340's but not quite there HOWEVER I would think a lot of people would get the SVS because the price will be more worth it to them. Personaly if it were me I would hold off for the new speakers to come out and buy a pair od Ascends and see what you think........

I know none of what I said helps but it is fun to just speculate......

RickRO

Stunt Coordinator
Right I know what you mean and that is mainly why I posted. I know that if a "regular" guy like me is wondering what the next offering may be like I can only imagine what those that closely follow the speaker world may be thinking.

I just wanted to stir the imagination and also to get a "feel" from people what might be next.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks