What's new

When are manufacturer imperfections "acceptable" ? (1 Viewer)

Fortmiller

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin F Miller
I've owned an LG 65UH8500 since July and LG has been out three times to address vertical banding... Power supply, motherboard, and finally the panel was replaced. The technician was wonderful however he can only do what he can do. During different scenes of solid color, i.e. sky, water, football field, etc. I do *still* notice the vertical dark lines. Is it absolutely horrific? No. Does it draw attention during a typical viewing session? Absolutely. While watching a standard two hour flick I probably notice it 4-5 times. When does one say, "that's just the way it is - a part of LED" or does one keep up the quest for near perfection? One side of me says there are worse things in the world and the other side says, "it was a lot of money it should be RIGHT" I don't know if it physically CAN ever be right though...

Drtrcr22

Grip
Real Name
Matt
Did the technician have any feed back to as if that was common among that model if he believe you may have possibly got a lemon. To me a tech is the best in site you can get on a product.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
This is an edge-lit LED; aren't they supposed to be worse for screen uniformity? I assume you went for this model 'cause of the 3D - ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks