When and where to buy a Nad T752 or T762?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Don Key, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Don Key

Don Key Auditioning

I recently read on this board that Nad is coming out with new models. I have a Denon AVR-1000 that is on the fritz and was looking to upgrade.

I was thinking about purchasing a re-conditioned Nad T752 from DMC. The price was 589 + shipping and tax which came to $675.

Here are my questions:
    1. Do you know when the new Nad models are coming out?
    2. How much price drop in the T572 and T672 can I expect when the new models come out?
    3. How long after the new models come out can I expect the inventory of the old models to last?
    4. How long does the refurbish market typically last for old models once the new models arrive? For example, the Marantz 6200 is still available at Accessories4less as well as the 6300. Can I expect this from Nad?
    5. Other than Yawa Online and DMC, are there any other on-line site you would recommend to pick up a Nad? I'm from California and since both Yawa and DMC are in Cali, I would have to pay sales tax, adding another 8.25% to the price.

Thanks for any help you can give. I really enjoy the site.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Old models usually only hang around for around for a few months or so, refrurbs could be around for a year or more, depending on how well the line sold.

I don't think NAD has the same number of units sold as Marantz, H/K etc..., so I would not expect to see too many refurbs or old models for long.

I was looking to pick up a demo or close-out 8200 when the 8300 was about to hit stores, but found absolutely none locally, and I did not want a refurb.

(it is preferred that you not post the prices quoted to you by these dealers online).

3. MathBrisk

MathBrisk Extra

I am also interested in buying either model and was wondering how much they were selling for in Canada.

4. Don Key

Don Key Auditioning

Thanks for the response John. I guess I'll just have to keep my ears open for the new models. By the way, any particular reason you did not want a factory re-furbished model? It seemed that the few comments about them on this board were generally positive.

Thanks again,

Don

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I actually have no problem with AC4L, if that is who you are considering for refurb Marantz. I highly recommend them. I don't have any personal experience with refurb Marantz from them, but I have a friend who got a receiver that did not work right the first time, and had to send it back for a replacement. Another friend got one that still has one minor issue as well, but he decided just to keep it. I have had refurb items from other companies, and had no issues with them for many years.

I just prefer a demo or used unit that I can check out myself first, or new if I can help it, when it comes to receivers. That's just me though, that does not mean that there is something wrong with refurb receivers.

6. JohnnyCasaba

JohnnyCasaba Agent

Hey Don, you could try Saturday Audio Exchange, I know they carry new NAD's (got my 752 there), not sure on refurbs. They are in Illinois so you would save the state taxes.

7. Don Key

Don Key Auditioning

Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I'm still waivering between the Marantz and Nad. Either way I'm sure it will turn out ok. Gonna go check out Saturday Audio Exchange now. Later guys

Don

8. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

I have a 7200 from AC4L with problems. I'd guess that refurbs will come availible until the expiration of the warranty period of the last units sold of a model.

9. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

My local dealer is NAD authorized and has a website: www.yawaonline.com - and they have some refurbs, but I don't know specifically if they have what you're looking for.

Call them for the best price, NAD has tough restrictions on prices they can post on the web. Calling them (800#) will normally yield a better price.

Oh, and tell em you heard of em thru me, that reflects well on my as a customer! [​IMG]

Here's the link to NAD receivers

And their toll free is on the bottom of the front page I linked to earlier in the post.

10. Skyler

Skyler Stunt Coordinator