What's new

When and where can I buy Denon DVD 3800? (1 Viewer)

John D S

Auditioning
I am very interested in denon's new dvd 3800 player. I heard it was to be out March or April, does anybody have any news on when it should hit the stores? Second, where is a good place to purchase this at possibly a discount but still have a warranty? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

John, I'm also very interested in the Denon 3800.The specs on their website have me drooling. I spoke with Hi Fi Buys(the only dealer in my area who carries Denon).The salesman told me they will have it by the middle of April but he had no pricing information yet. Denon's site lists an msrp of 1199.00. I'm hoping to deal with Hi Fi Buys and get out for under a grand. Brand new model,I'm probably dreaming. Lee62

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
from what I understand, this player won't be out until mid April. Expect the DVD9000 to street first as a companion to the upcoming AVR 5803. My guess is that the video quality of the DVD 3800 should be very close to that of the $3500 DVD9000 with some noticable differences on very large displays

Elbert

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Tony,
I spoke with Jeff Talmadge yesterday, and they are anticipating arrival in the States Mid-April. By the time they get this into the channel expect it to be a little closer to the end of April.
I too have my eyes set on this one. I can't afford the DV-9000 (why does my house have to be painted this year??)
So I'll have to struggle through with just the DV-3800 ;)
Regards,

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
John,

Vinyl siding... you will never need to paint the house again! I'll be sure to be on the look out for it.

First one to get the 3800 needs to write a review!

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Tony,
What, my vinyl siding? ;)
I'm toying with the idea, but this is an older home in a neighborhood of older homes, and I'm not sure how this will affect the resale value if/when I look to get another home.
Regards,

Craig F

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig
I want this unit too. I am looking to buy in May, so time frame looks good to me :)
John K,
I would like to hear your impressions on it's DVD-Audio performance when you've had a chance to listen to it.

Phil Nichols

Second Unit
John,

Come on now ....... the fact the your house holds, or even once held, a Denon DVD-9000 has GOT to have a positive impact on resale value!

I'm struggling with the 9000's price too and hoping beyond hope that the stock market comes back enough for me to barely squeak it and a 5803 out together! What a combination - should be future-proof for around 3 years.

After that combination next would maybe come a digital camera using the incredible new Foveon chip so family pictures could be loaded via the 9000 and shown on my 58" Elite 16X9 screen ...... put the ole' slide projector out to pasture once and for all.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Craig,

I don't think I'm reviewing this player for Secrets, so I'll be happy to post my impressions once I have it "in the house".

Regards,

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
Well my Cal Audio CL 20 is up for replacement. BUT its replacement will have to sound at least as good playing CD's (using both internal dac's and through digital ouputs). The Denon 9000 is high on my short list of hopefuls. I am looking forward to hearing it.

rw

John Cain

Second Unit
Mid-late April eh??

I'm really looking forward to this player..

Looks like the 2800 on steroids, and with no Chroma Bug..

-- John

Ron Alcasid

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really looking forward to this DVD player too. It has an excellent deinterlacing engine, fast navigation, quick layer changes, DVD-Audio w/digital bass management, no chroma bug and solid build quality. The only think it lacks is SACD but that's not an issue for me.

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
I think that we should all use a bit of caution here. On paper this appears to be an excellent product. Let's wait and see how the real deal turns out. My recent search for a new DVD player has proved that the old adage of "try before you buy" is just as true now as ever. I have tried a to audition a few players lately. Some were not available or if available, disappointing in one area or the other.
The $3500 (for the 9000 which is the model I think I want) area has a number of players that excel in one area or the other but very few that offer the promise of the Denon (Yes I want it all if possible ;)). I am hoping that this isn't a case of "too good to be true".
rw

Ron Alcasid

Stunt Coordinator
I am definitely following Robert's advice I'm going to wait at least a couple months after the 3800 is released to see what shakes out. I preordered my 2800 because of all the initial hype and ended up exchanging it three times before I got one that worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks