What's new

Wheel of Time #10 (1 Viewer)

Michael Fennessy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Fennessy
For those of you (like me) who are gluttons for punishment, Amazon has just listed Wheel of Time #10 Crossroads Of Twilight in their coming soon section. Date is November 12th. Looking forward to it myself but I gotta hope Jordan starts tying up loose ends and at least show us that he remembers that stories have endings.

Mike

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
Damn, I still have a few more books to go. I'm on Crown of Swords right now.
but I gotta hope Jordan starts tying up loose ends and at least show us that he remembers that stories have endings.
Jordan himself has said it's going to be at least 3-4 more books before the end. At least he knows how to end the books themselves well. The ending to Lord of Chaos was...impressive to say the least :)

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I read about 5 of these and just got tired of it. It seemed like the story was really going no where. did it get any better?

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I really liked the first 5, but the impression you got already will probably not diminish, which is unfortunate. I heard somewhere that the series was not intented to be quite as long, but since the series turned out to be so popular, of course they needed to keep up.

The first two books are some of the best fantasy I've ever read, I read the first three books in three days in a row, I was hooked. But unfortunately there are a few things after a while which is mentioned and then seemingly forgotten.

But personally there is no way I can simply quit now. I am definitively going to read the next one too.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I'll read the next book in the same way I read the paper every morning -- with a sense of obligation more than joy. I've been at it too long with this series to quite but I stopped really caring years ago when it became obvious that Jordan was never going to conclude the damn thing in my -- or his -- lifetime.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I will not read another, until I know that the last one has been published. It has gotten way past obscene.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I guess Jordan is trying to surpass The 'Mac Bolan' series in total number of installments.
I read the first two books and found them to be fun fantasy nonsense :emoji_thumbsup: Started reading 'Dragon Reborn' and felt it was already becoming repetitive and overly drawn out :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks