What's new

What’s Your Preferred Donut? (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Shortly after that Shipley's came to town. In the past few years we got a Krispy Kreme. Neither make as good a donut as that local owned bakery with product that's just slightly better than Walmart or grocery store donuts.

Blueberry cake or lemon filled are my top two. No local bakery can make a cake donut that's worth eating and the filled taste like they use canned pie filling.

I just had Shipley’s this week. They have a location in Sarasota/Bradenton. I like them but I’ve had better

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Krispy Kreme tastes like pure sugar to me and Dunkin are always sopping wet like they’ve been dunked in water. There’s a Shipleys in a little town about 10 minutes away that makes the best donuts and bacon, egg, cheese biscuits I’ve ever eaten.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Chicago (and the suburbs) are donut heaven! My favorite in Lincoln Park (also in the Loop) is Firecakes. Phenomenal donuts and fritters (including seasonal rhubarb in spring and the outstanding peach in summer). The Eggnog Creme filled is great and they always have a mini Meyer Lemon filled that blows me away!
xAXGZFBf.jpeg
ZrnVbhXQ.jpeg

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
I agree that Krispy Kreme are too sweet. It's like eating raw sugar.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Eh, I think fritters suck. I think they're way too heavy. Doughnuts need to be light as air and just float on your tongue.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I loved eating chocolate-creme filled donuts. Sucks that Dunkin Donuts has stopped making these donuts, because they were my absolute favorites by far.
Those were also faves of mine years ago. Haven't found anything since at DD that's worth buying.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I saw them earlier this year at the DD in the concourse level below my office building. Maybe it’s just a regional or store choice? Or did they disappear more recently?

Dunkin was the only donut shop I remember going to as a kid, and Entemann’s were the only packaged ones my parents would get, so my tastes got locked in there pretty early. I do miss Krispy Kreme (a college revelation) which was often too sweet but still so worth it. Especially when they were coming hot off the conveyor belt.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I can't stand donuts, and hate it when co-workers bring them in and say " take one". It feels rude to turn them down, so I end up eating the darned thing.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If we shared an office I’d gladly take your donuts on the sly! Politely accept them and then send an inter office memo my way.

I had a colleague, since retired, who would always grab a donut from the complementary early morning workers food spread. Late morning and afternoon employees like me didn’t get any free food so that was a really nice thing of him to do for me.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I saw them earlier this year at the DD in the concourse level below my office building. Maybe it’s just a regional or store choice? Or did they disappear more recently?

I just remembered, that I did come across one that did sell the chocolate-creme filled one, earlier this year, when I went to Florida. But they had only 1 left, and told me that they had no more left when asking if any more in stock.

I live near Philadelphia, and all the ones near my home, stopped selling them a few years ago. But still sell the vanilla-creme filled donuts.

Users who are viewing this thread