What's new

What's Your Nickname? (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, tonight I'm "Nurse Ratchet" cause I had to string up some poor guy to skeletal traction. Yee-Ouch!
Why am I excited by that comment from Jenna?

Anyway, my last name is pronounced "Pale-man" so, I get the occasional politically incorrect: "How! Paleface!"

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Some kids in high school during junior year called me "Woody." One kid thought I sounded like Woody Allen, which I do NOT! My dad calls me "Scotty" which I don't mind as much as I used to and my aunt calls me "Scooter" and (sigh) "Scooter Blossom."

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Well, I have been called Doc ever since my time as a USN Fleet Marine Force Corpsman. I have also been called Doc Hardball in the past.....got that nickname the day I outshot every Marine in my unit on the pistol range using .45ACP "hardball".

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
I've been Rags my whole life. My last name is Ragonese, and just about everyone calls me Rags (except for my family -- duh). Without prompting, people always begin to call me that. I guess its just a natural progression from Ragonese (or perhaps its the female sanitary napkins that I always carry around with me. I'm not sure which).

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
Cavedog...But my son calls me boobie because when he was yonger he loved the movie Alladin but couldn't say Abu so he called me boobie instead.He use to kiss me on the forehead and say "kiss the monkey"

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Um...Bill. :D
But I've been given others. My sisters called me Bilbo, which eventually progressed to Baggins. In high school I had French class with a bunch of my friends. Of course my "French name" is Guillaume which was just shortened to Gui by some of my friends (that only lasted for the 3 years I took French though).
I've also been called Willy, Cathedral, Casserole, and (Jenna might like this one) Catheter.
But the weirdest one of all is Ben. That came about because one of my sister's friends thought my name was Ben (she was a bit of an airhead). Everybody thought it was so funny that it kind of stuck amongst her friends. One time this very same friend said "Ben, is your name Benjamin...wait...you're not even Ben." She never lived that one down.
And since I like Bilbo Baggins (I even want a house like his) that's my favorite one of all...but I haven't been called that in years.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
My nickname is Joe , given to me by my friends, who noticed that I'm basically a 7/8 scale replica of my dad.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Some people call me Rainman.
My friend Tom used to call me Special Agent Brain Greene.
"Movie Snob" is something that I've been called by a few people. I liked that one, which is why I've adopted it.
I've also been called "Asshole" from time to time, but I don't think that counts. :laugh:

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
My friends Marty and Brian were sitting at a bar watching some TV show where the character's name was "Binny". Well, Brian turns to Marty and says "How do you suppose you go about getting a nickname like 'Binny'?"

Marty looks back and says, "I don't know, Binny"

and to this day.. we call Brian "Binny" or "The Bin".

He hates it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've also been called "Asshole" from time to time, but I don't think that counts.
Oh, it counts! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Don't forget my "nickname" for you, Rain: Zarathustra! But that's betyween you and me (11 letters and has a "z" in it).
For me, its simply been "Freezer". Not because of my size, just my name. (Hmmmm, that's seven letters with a "z" in it!) :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Watching some TV show where the character's name was "Binny".
Ha, sounds like "Just Shoot Me" where Nina's always mentioning something that "My friend Binny" has done or said.
My family calls me "Ace" or just "Mal." In high school people called me "Slick" because of my liberal use of hair gel. :D

Travis D

Second Unit
My last name is Deese (rhymes with Reese)

I play football for my highschool.

I play lineman.

Football + Lineman + Deese + testosterone = Diesel

My nickname is Diesel.

Not so bad and it works for me on occasion like when I found a shirt that says "Diesel Power" for only 5 bucks. I get some yells for "Diesel" when I wear that thing.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
My brothers nicknamed me 'D' (as in Vampire Hunter...) when I was younger and it stuck.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Nothing that good here...Stoney or Stoner mainly. But...since I'm short, in high school some people nicknamed me Wicket after the famed Ewok, hehe.

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
Jones, Jonesy or Dr. Jones. Jones is used in a wide variety of situations, Jonesy gets used mostly during trash talking sessions, and Dr. Jones is only used when I've done something deserving of a little extra respect :)
- jjones (my normal signature nickname)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks