What's new

What's Your Nickname? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
It's nice when you've adopted a nickname, an affectionate little moniker that people identify with just YOU.
Do you have one?
If not, then tell me what your favorite nickname of all time is.
Being a fan of baseball .... and that being a nickname-prone sport (so it appears) .... I think one of the best I've heard belonged to the former Cleveland Indians' and Texas Rangers' first baseman .....
Mike "The Human Rain Delay" Hargrove. :):) (Mike had a propensity for constantly stepping out of the batter's box, hence, delaying the progress of the game.)

Pamela

Supporting Actor
To my family I am known as "Poogie" (pronounced poo-gee). Hence my email address. My aunt gave me that name when I was a baby, and it stuck. Of course, when I'm in a store, and my mom yells, "Hey Poogie, come here," people look at me kinda strange!

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
Some of my patients have called me "Nurse Ratchet"...but usually after getting a shot or a foley catheter. If I don't inflict any pain on them, and just give them morphine they call me "honey".

Unfortunately, tonight I'm "Nurse Ratchet" cause I had to string up some poor guy to skeletal traction. Yee-Ouch!

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
My old school homies still call me "Co-How". My online PC Gaming buddies call me "Blaxima". My Father calls me "How-Boy". My Wife calls me "Dick Man" or "Nasty Goat", depending on her mood.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Badfish, because I drive a souped up Barracuda, and I've had BADFISH on my plates for 10 years, so people call me Badfish.

Evan Case

Screenwriter
My extremely creative friends call me "Ev".

Also, for a short period of time in middle school, I was known to a few people as "Mentos". (The strange reasoning? In 7th grade math, I jokingly wrote "Evan 'Mental' Case" on the index card the teacher took for reference material the first day. She read it aloud to much laughter [this was 7th grade, remember]. At the same time, the "fresh goes better" Mentos commercials were in full swing. Mentos rolled off the tongue better than mental, I suppose, and became my nickname. So now you know a tremendously obscure and worthless factoid about me.)

Evan "Ev" "Mental" "Mentos" Case

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
A teacher in school used to call me "Bruiser" and it stuck. I'm also known as "Trav" and "Treevis" for no particular reason.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I have many and answer to most:

"Jay", "JP", "J-Dogg" (don't understand how that one came about), "Pottsaroni", and sometimes I get old friends who still call me by my last name "Potts" because they know it irritates me. I hate that Gym teacher mentality of calling everyone by their last name.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I simply go by Al. My ex's friend's boyfriend once called me "Big Dog" for some strange reason and that seemed to stick between that circle of friends. I have been known on the internet as "QuackXP", Human Fly", "Athis", and "Silver Moon". My best friend has recently informed me that I'm going to be "Skirt chasseing Uncle Allan" to there new baby.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
"Slug" cause in fouth grade, our class play, my friends all wanted to be "trees" and "rocks" and I said I wanted to be a "slug" so now I forever known as "slug"

Jay

"Slugs not Drugs" is my slogan.

Mike boettner

Stunt Coordinator
My friends call me "Boots" or " bootsie".
I'm in the NAVY and we have to run a mile and a half, twice a year for our PRT. I only wear hiking boots to run in, so there you have it!;)
Mike

Oliver Kopp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
During my 10 month service in the German army some guys used to call me Robokopp. We used to play Goldeneye (a N64 first person shooter) against each other in our free time and I won most of the time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hon04