What's new

What's Your Last BR Purchase? (1 Viewer)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The Wizard of Oz single disc--only $12.83 @ Walmart. Prior to that, I picked up Ghost Rider, Donnie Darko and 9 out of Walmart's $14.83 bin.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Picked up a few more titles since I last posted in this thread, including Fantastic Mr. Fox a few days ago.

Just picked up the new release of Red Cliff (w/ both parts) today.

Both were bought from the street vendor near my work here in downtown Manhattan for $20 each.
A couple others I bought from a recent Best Buy sale: Apollo 13 (w/ moviecash for ~$20) and Walk the Line (for ~$15).

_Man_

FreyTheater

Stunt Coordinator
Amish Country - Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Real Name
Troy Frey
Originally Posted by JediFonger

Frey, just a FYI, you have until 5/31 to have Universal send you a FREE replacement blu-ray case!!!! that offer WILL expire.
Thanks, Jedi! wow, I knew nothing about this, and the original packaging for the BSG series really does sux... I sent them a request with their request form page.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
Just picked up in the last two weeks:

Apollo 13
Minority Report
African Queen
LOTR trilogy in a steelbook

hampsteadbandit

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rob cole
just picked up "Rocky Balboa" for a measly GBP£5 - insanely cheap considering I paid GBP£2 for the Rocky Balboa SD DVD only 3 weeks back...

hampsteadbandit

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rob cole
CEX (computer exchange) in NW London

they have stores mainly in the S-East, but also elsewhere in the UK, and I believe you can buy mail order / on-line from them too?

Blu-Ray prices have dropped so much for 2nd hand titles - typically GBP£6 for an older title or GBP£8-10 for a newer title

today, I received AVATAR and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN both on Blu-Ray, sorry for shouting, I am very excited!!

shazzerman

Agent
Real Name
Noel
I picked up...
M
Suspiria
Terminator 2
Full Metal Jacket
The Thing
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Saving Private Ryan
North by Northwest
Casablanca
Dumbo

I don't have to eat this week...

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
The Illusionist and Maurice Richard (the latter is an excellent biopic of the hockey legend--the English title is The Rocket. The audio is bilingual (subtitles are optional) ).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Looks I may have to un-purchase Elizabeth (and probably Carlito's Way also). [/url]

The Illusionist

[/quote]
Paul,

Is that the Canadian Alliance version? You didn't want to wait for the recently announced Fox version that may well be better? OR is that a preorder for the upcoming Fox version?

If it's the Canadian Alliance version, how do you like it?

_Man_

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong

Paul,

Is that the Canadian Alliance version? You didn't want to wait for the recently announced Fox version that may well be better? OR is that a preorder for the upcoming Fox version?

If it's the Canadian Alliance version, how do you like it?

_Man_

I haven't watched it yet, but it is the Canadian Alliance version. I bought it because it was 10$ and I'd not come across anything too negative in terms of reviews. The Fox version might be better, but it certainly won't be as inexpensive. If I find it truly objectionable, I'm not out very much in terms of money. I felt it was worth the gamble.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks