What's your favorite of "Mom's Cooking"?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dome Vongvises, Oct 26, 2001.

1. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

It don't matter if you're gay or straight, American or non-American, fat or skinny, smart or stupid, male or female; if there's one thing that 99.99% of the people on this world can agree on, we sure love our momma's cooking. I got to eat Thai every other day, so here goes. Ladies in gentlmen, it's time to remember the good ole days.
    Fried Pork Ribs in Garlic
    - Man oh man do I love this greasy concoction. I love pork, and I love garlic. And this was all in rib form. [​IMG]
    Red Pork and Ramen noodles
    - A Thai dish descended from Chinese origins, this is always a meal for me. I've had both authentic and "instant" Ramen noodles, but I can honestly say I prefer the "instant" ones.
    Well, it might be blasphemy on this forum, but if there's one thing better than movies, it's food. RAH!!!!!
    ------------------
    "I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
    "Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
    "It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
    My DVD Collection

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Chocolate Chip Cookies. During my college years, people would follow me to my dorm room when I got a package in the mail.

3. Patrick Wilmes

Patrick Wilmes Stunt Coordinator

My mom makes a gooey butter cake that is incredible!All of her cooking rocks but this one always stood out.

4. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

I guess you need to live in England but mmm mmmm
    My mom does these gorgeous egg and home cooked chips (Fries to you great Americans)
    I am having it tonight
    Regards,
    Ricky

5. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

'Campbelled' eggs. Eggs scrambled with cream of mushroom soup. With biscuits and sage sausage.

6. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

My mom would make stuffed calamari only for special occasions such as Christmas Eve because it required a lot of work. It was me and my brother's job to clean the squid.
    She would stuff the squid with a breadcrumb and egg mixture, stuff it into the body cavity, and sew the tentacles back on to seal the pouch. Then she'd cooked them in the gravy (we didn't call it tomato sauce) for hours and served them over spaghetti (we were to poor to call it pasta) and a huge loaf of Italian bread that always seemed to be missing the heels. (pre-meal gravy sandwiches)
    Man, that was good stuff.
    I miss my Mom.
    -Gary
    [Edited last by Gary_E on October 26, 2001 at 02:09 PM]

7. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

My mom's potato salad. I have a feeling there may be some recipe requests appearing very soon. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    The Dark Tower
    [​IMG]
    Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

8. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Her Spanish Rice Meatballs and her Macaroni and Cheese. I always call her and tell her I'll visit if she'll make one of those dishes [​IMG]
    Bruce
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

9. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

Man, my mom couldn't cook to save her life. No wonder I was so grossly underweight as a teen. At least it inspired me to learn how to cook. She tried, bless her heart, but man was dinner and unpleasant experience growing up.

10. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

Mom's homemade spaghetti sauce, from a recipe passed down from a couple generations of Southern Italians...ah, getting hungry just thinking about it.
    And while we're at it, I would pair that sauce with my grandmother's homemade ravioli. The pasta is homemade and so good it melts in your mouth...
    ...while I'm daydraming of all of this, we might as well top off my meal with my Mom's homemade apple cake!
    It's a wonder I don't weight 400 lbs...
    ------------------
    Scott

11. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

In my household, my father was the cook. My favorite of all of his creations was simply Spam Fried Rice seasoned with chopped green onion and parsley. Man oh man!!! For desert, dad and I will go polish off a dozen donuts from the local donut house.

12. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
  13. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

14. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

I've had 3 Moms so far. #1 made the best spaghetti ever, #2 made incomparable beef stroganoff and an orange pound cake that was pure heaven. #3 came along when I was 16, and frankly could not cook at all. She did not know the difference between garlic powder and garlic salt and didn't know you were supposed to drain tuna before making tuna casserole. I had to bake my own 17th birthday cake. This lady was great in every other way, never had any kids of her own and took on 2 teenage boys when she married my dad.
    This lady trusted me to borrow her brand new car to drive my college girlfriend to the SF airport--a 400 mile roundtrip when I was barely 18. She put up with my druggie brother's abuse for 5 years. She and my dad recently celebrated their 33rd anniversary, and he's no prize to live with. Nancy did learn to cook like a pro, but as far as I'm concerned she didn't have to cook to earn my respect and admiration.
    ------------------
    Steve S.
    I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

15. Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt Supporting Actor

Let's see: her version of a German apple cake, much appreciated on 3 continents (it didn't matter how much or what kinds of other foods were brought, there were NEVER any leftovers!); Rouladen (my favorite for b-days, we had a rule in our house that if it was you B-day you got to choose the main meal...!); Sauerbraten...
    damn I'm getting hungry!
    Mike

16. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Everything my mom makes!
    Starting with;
    Perogies(we call them Petahea), her best are Saeurkraut(sp? sorry), and blueberry.
    Roast beef with all the trimmings!
    Turkey with the worlds best stuffing
    Birthday cake. She hasn't made it in years, but when she does WOW!
    Lots more..
    Brent L
    ------------------
    OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
    plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
    MEETS PAGE and register.

17. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Mmmm, Pork Chops grilled and then covered in Cream of Mushroom soup. This would then be served with rice and a veggie of some sort. It doesn't get better than that. For a more healthy version use chicken breasts and low fat Cream of Mushroom soup, still pretty darned good. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Rich
    "A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
    My Website

18. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Hot tamales! That is, when she feels like making them. They are quite labor intensive so I don't get them very often...
    ------------------
    My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
    1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

19. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

When mom gets those mashed potatoes a cookin with that gravy, I come a runnin!
    Jason
    ------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [email protected] 2001 Film List I Am Jack's DVD List
    "Clown college? You can't eat that!" Homer Simpson
    My Own Film Review Website Is Coming Soon!