What's your favorite HT magazine?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by mike_decock, Feb 23, 2004.

1. mike_decock

mike_decock Supporting Actor

I'm looking to subscribe to an HT magazine and I want to see which ones are popular out here.

-Mike...

2. Johnny Ayala

Johnny Ayala Stunt Coordinator

I subscribe to Sound & Vision, Home Theater, and Stereophiles Guide To Home Theater. My favorite would have to be S&V. [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Todd K

Todd K Second Unit

I posted a similar question late last year:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=161789

I ended up getting a subscription to Stereophile Guide To Home Theater, or as I call it, Equipment So Insanely Expensive You Should Be Forced Into Therapy For Even Starting To Think About Buying It.

I think there was a video processor in this month's issue that retailed for $49,999. And that one $1500-$2000 Outlaw receiver combo that everyone here touts was listed in the January issue as the "best budget item."

On the other hand, it's a nice magazine to read. Last month they had a review of the Sony 34" XBR TV that everyone's raving about.

4. mike_decock

mike_decock Supporting Actor

I used to have a subscription to SGHT but I stopped receiving issues after a few months. Not sure why but I didn't miss it too much. I thought that most of their reviews were in the insanely expensive range and although I don't mind a few of those once in a while, I always wished they would do more of the budget stuff.

Right now, I just don't have a whole lot of time to browse through forums anymore and I just want something to keep up with industry updates (like "When is HD-DVD finally coming out?") and see what kind of gear is out. If Sound & Vision does more of the budget stuff, I might try them out.

-Mike...

5. Peter Keeling

I always liked Home Teater magazine. It has good infromation, and it is well laid out.