What's new

What's Your Favorite Holiday Hi-Res Release? (1 Viewer)

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
I've just been floored by Channel Classics' SACD of Bach's Christmas Oratorio and AIX Records' DVD-A of "Surrounded By Christmas." Keep an eye out for these two releases, they're fantastic!

Any other holiday faves?

Cheers,

Mark_Waldrep

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the note about the Surrounded By Christmas disc...I know it's a holiday specific product, but I absolutely love the arrangements and performances. Things continue to ramp up here at AIX Records...the arrival of the new Acura TL with DVD-Audio system has me fired up. It's time to turn in my 1992 Acura and start listening to the world of hgih-resolution surround all of the time.

David Scott

Stunt Coordinator
I'll have to pop on over to check out the AIX disc, is it all vocals? I have two AIX discs and the sampler (dang sampler makes me want to buy half there inventory).
DVD-A in the Acura eh? But where would you put the ICBM for bass management :D .

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Chip Davis (of Mannheim Steamroller fame) has a Christmas dvd-audio now:

"Christmas Extraordinaire DVD"

(from what I can tell, he calls his dvd-audios "dvd music")

I have his "Ambience-Summer Song" dvd-audio and it sounds excellent. When the rains begins to fall it sounds extremely realistic. And when the thunder rolls overhead.....wow! Again, very real sounding (your sub will get a workout too when this happens). IIRC, Mr. Davis has a farm where he records all these nature sounds--this must account for the realism. The DTS & Dolby tracks also sound great. "Summer Song DVD + FREE CD"

LJ

Mark_Waldrep

Stunt Coordinator
Our Surrounded by Christmas DVD-Audio/Video title doesn't have any vocals...it's a quintet of five players doing jazzy arrangements of familiar tunes. The band features Laurence Juber - guitar, Jim Cox - piano, Leland Sklar - bass, Steve Forman - percussion and John Ferraro - drums. As usual, we have the MLP on one side and multiple mixes with video on the other side.

Imagine Oh Tannenbaum in 5/4 meter a la Dave Brubeck...and you'll understand the kind of presentation that's on this disc.

BTW We handle all of Mannheim Steamrollers DVD-Audio productions....Christmas and Ambient Series. I've stayed on the farm...it's quite a place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks