What's new

What's your favorite candy? (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I love Carmello bars. I destroy a large one in about 10 minutes. Milkiway, Twix, Kit Kat, Reeses peanut butter cups.

Carmello and Reeses Peanut Butter cups are my weakness. If I'm not careful, I can devour those things quickly.

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
Definitely Mars bars. I can't find the brown packet ones here though - only white almond something.
Also, Bounty (no, not the paper towels - the coconut filled thingies)... mmm.
Haagen Dazs ice cream also .....

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Twix, Milky Ways, and Rolos.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Nerds or Butterfingers. Also Snickers. MMMMMM...

Actually, life doesn't get any better than a Snickers Blizzard from the Dairy Queen.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
Mike & Ike's of every variety. When I buy a box of these things I can't help but down them as quickly as possible. That's why I rarely buy them anymore. My favorite variety is Cherry & Bub (a mixture of cherry and bubblegum flavored Mike & Ikes), but they don't make that anymore. :frowning:

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Twix, Toffefay (sp?), Reese's (prefer the bite-sized), and Fazer Mints.

Ones I miss, that they no longer manufacture, are Ghiradelli Flicks (contacted Ghiradelli and, believe it or not, they told me they stopped making Flicks because the machine that filled the little cardboard tubes BROKE many years ago, and they haven't been able to get the parts to fix it or figure out how to make a new one -- no kidding).

Also... the original Mars Bars. Anyone old enough to remember those? Mars Bars used to be in two pieces with whole almonds on top, just like an Almond Joy (but shaped more squarish) -- but the center was plain white nougat, not coconut. There was no caramel in them at all. They changed to their current makeup around 1977, I'd guess.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
my fav is the no longer made is /was BAR NONE. BEFORE they reworked and added some of that chewy caramel and made it like a twix bar.

also i like the new mars bar but it should have more almonds.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
It's been quite some time since I've seen them but my favorite is Heath bars. There was another brand very similar with a crunchy carmel like center covered with a thin layer of chocolate but I don't remember the name.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
There used to be an ice cream available at a little country grocery store called Frozen Glauze(sp). I called it Frozen Sludge but it sure was good. The chocolate was great.

You may remember spot that aired on the big 3 networks that said..
"I ate the whole thing. And I'd do it again."

Or something like that.

Haven't seen it around for years. My guess is that it's no longer imported. None of the grocery stores around here have it. That includes Wal-Mart, Albertsons, Brookeshires, K-mart. etc.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I can only pick one?

My favorites are Milk Duds, Snickers, $100,000 (remember when they were called "Caravels"?) a fresh Butterfinger, Heath bar, Hershey with almonds, Mars bar, Baby Ruth, Reese's peanutbutter cups, & Turtles

If I can only pick one, I'd have to go with........MILK DUDS !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks