What's new

What's your favorite bottled water? (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Bottled Twaddle: Is bottled water tapped out?

The most telling taste test was conducted by the Showtime television series Penn & Teller: Bullshit! The hosts began with a blind comparison in which 75 percent of New Yorkers preferred city tap to bottled waters. They then went to the Left Coast and set up a hidden camera at a trendy southern California restaurant that featured a water sommelier who dispensed elegant water menus to the patrons. All bottles were filled out of the same hose in the back of the restaurant; nevertheless, Angelenos were willing to plunk down nearly $7 a bottle for L'eau Du Robinet (French for "faucet water"), Agua de Culo (Spanish for "ass water") and Amazone ("filtered through the Brazilian rain forest's natural filtration system"), declaring them all to be far superior to tap water. There's no accounting for taste.
Ass Water! :laugh:

My office bought a flat of President's Choice bottled water. It tastes exactly like (month-old) tap water! Isn't marketing great! :D

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Aquafina isn't bad...it reminds me of Vancouver tap water...goes down nice and smooth!

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I like Aquafina too!

Penn & Teller must not have surveyed the water in Seattle, which has quite a bit of lead.

My doctor says I have enough lead in my diet, I am not to allow bullets to enter my body at any time.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I drink Denver Tap Unlimited, just take and empty jug and fill it up as much as I want ;) Tastes great!

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
The bottled water that they give out in the Trump Marina in AC is delicious. I think its called Purely TRUMP or some crap.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Aquafina is my favorite bottled water too- but I think my tap water tastes good too.

Some tap water tastes nasty, but then again, so does some bottled stuff.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I have several devices in my home known as "faucets" which dispense free water into any handy receptacle by turning a smallish knob or handle. I can choose either hot or not hot water by selecting the appropriate knob or handle. These apparently unique implements save me the trouble and expense of purchasing water in bottles in stores and lugging them home.

I do buy bottled drinking liquids on a regular basis--these are known as "Caffeine free Diet Pepsi" and "Caffeine free Diet Coke" and are unfortunately not available from my homes "faucets".

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I like Aquafina because it tastes like Water!

I hate Poland Spring because it tastes like Water! :D

Seriously, I prefer my water to be 2 parts Hydrogen and 1 part Oxygen. Mmmmm! Good water!

off topic: I was at a party and they had a tub with a bunch of different beers. Toward the end of the night they were out of Coronas so I grabbed a Labatts Blue and said "I guess I'll try this". My friend asked me (after I took a sip) "How does it taste?" I looked at him with a dumbfound expression and said "It's good, it tastes like beer...DUH!"

:D

back on topic: It's water, how can it be different??? If it tastes different, then there's obviously something else in it. Which IMHO, does not make it water any more...More like VERY diluted mud ;) 99% water...1% dirt

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
The worst tap water I've ever tasted was Toronto water...it tasted like mud mixed with water! Gross! I even had a Coca Cola in a Toronto restaurant that tasted like mud...obviously made from the syrup mix combined with the polluted water in question.

Bottled Toronto tap water would never fly commercially. :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Aquafina is purified (read "distilled")tap water. You don't want to know what kinds of things they've found in "president's choice"

Honestly, the rules and regulations governing what goes into your tap water are about 200x more stringent than for bottled water. The P&T special was fantastic, they even put a rubber spider in the bottom of one of the bottles and claimed it leached nutrients into the water and some woman bought it hook line and sinker

Tony_Woods

Stunt Coordinator
Well I worked for Culligan and serviced Reverse Osmosis systems. After seeing what the filters look like when I change them...yeah I'll always have a Culligan system or drink bottled water when I can.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
evian spelled backwards is.....

that being said, i do drink bottled water when convenient, but i don't go out of my way to have it. whatever is handy is good enough for me.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i like dasani water, aquafina is ok too, along with poland spring. but the absolute worst is evian, it tastes like diluted milk. and yes, i can easily identify between them all in a blind taste test. but i dont believe some people cant tell the difference between coke and pepsi!

CJ

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
I like sparkley water b/c it is a sipping and not gulping drink, but I care not about the brand, etc. And, don't forget, if you have kids, tap water that is too filtered or non-tap water does not have fluoride. (which to some is a good thing...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks