What's new

What's your favorite back to the future movie 1, 2or 3? (1 Viewer)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
1 had a lot of fun with the characters of Marty and his parents, still the best as it dispelled the idea that your mother was always a saint, that you'll never be like your Dad, etc.

3 had a lot of fun with Doc Brown's character and I thought the romance was lovely. It also bolstered the idea Doc was so obssessed with Time Travel as he felt like he was born at the wrong time in history, and probably was.

2 had a lot of fun with the premise of time travel and stuff, but it just was a bit mean.

I prefer to watch movies with characters than plot (and that was my ranking of the movies), but all 3 are a lot of fun.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
These three movies from the 80's are the examples of why I dislike movies from the 90's so much.

All three have to rate up there with the great comedies, sci-fi, action, and character films. They came out so close together that the actors were able to stay in character and give the feel that this is more like one extended movie than three distinct films.

I rarely see Michael J. Fox mentioned as a top actor, but his career from the mid 80's has been a great success. I would not choose another comedian over him. As good as Steve Martin, Robin Williams, Dan Ackroyd, Bill Murry, or Eddie Murphy have been, I rarely find myself pulling for their characters as I do for Fox's.

It's tough to rank them. I saw all three again recently and found 2 had more things going on that I thought. Three was stolen by Thomas (Biff Tanen)Wilson. For a selfish reason, I am glad to have not seen any of his work since. It would be hard to keep a straight face thinking of him opening his mouth only to see manure coming out.

Make 4 about the same time as Godfather 4, Indiana Jones 4, and Planet of the Apes IX or whatever they are on.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Number one because it came first, and it has the best soundtrack and lines...

Followed in descending order by 2 and 3.

Sincerely,

John "Someday, we'll all be going where we don't need roads" Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Useless Fact: Claudia Wells, the first Jennifer, now runs an Armani shop in California. Maybe when I make it with my script, I'll head out to California, get a suit from that place, and meet an authentic BTTF'er.

Sincerely,

John "No, it isn't what you think" Kilduff

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
My order of favorites:
II
III
I
I liked the 'dark' theme....
But then I rooted for Darth Vader :D
~Kurt

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I like 'em in the order they are 1-2-3.

Doc and Marty are scrambling around madly (understandably) for the whole film and never get a chance to develop their characters
That's what the first film was for. They weren't supposed to be radically different in any of the films. I rather liked that they just jumped to the mayhem and forewent character developement.

Bruce

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Now it's 3-1-2. Used to be the other way round, when I was younger and stupider. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks