What's new

What's Your Fav Cigar While Watching Flics? (1 Viewer)

John_VI

Second Unit
Being an avid cigar smoker (I won't call myself an afficionado since I consider "those" people a bunch of snobs), I'm always in search of the perfect stogie for every occasion. And, like HT, once I find the perfect match I can only enjoy it for a few precious weeks until I find myself searching for something even better. Yikes!!

Anyway, I like to light up a fairly large stogie while watching movies. Something in the chruchill or double corona size (7x52), so it will last me the entire movie. I also prefer Honduran or Nicaraguan smokes (or Cubans when I have them) over the generally lame offerings from the DR.

Currently my favs are the Padron 4000/5000, Perdomo Reserve X, HdM Churchill, or the ERDM Flor de Llaneza (although the "X" and the "FdL" are actually belicosos).

Any other preferences??

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
I enjoy a Mayorga Robusto, natural or maduro. I also enjoy Romeo y Julieta Cedros Deluxe #2's and a specialty cigar by LaLuna Cigar company in Miami called the LHB Colada....no longer made and approximately 6 years old by now.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I love cigars, but not in the Green Room. I like the smell of the electronics too much:)
But, I will sit out on my front patio around the fire pit and light up before a movie.
Ashton
Padron
Avo XO
Punch
Romeo y Julieta
Hoyo de Monterrey
Peace Out~:D

Scott_G

Second Unit
Cigars - only outside the house :)
Nice Cohiba
Montecristo
H. Upmann
Romeo y Julieta

Maurice McCone

Stunt Coordinator
I only smoke Cubans - can you guys get your hands on Cuban cigars in the states? How serious is it if you bring them into the country.

I have a cousin in Conn. and I would love to bring him some over but wondered what happens if you are caught with some - by the way, I am only talking about a small box, not a smuggling ring.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Cuban Montecristo Robusto (or corona, if Im lucky enough)

Fuente Fuente Opus X #2

Punch Corona

Joya de Nicaragua Robusto

Definitely avoid:

Non-Cuban Cohibas (Dominican???)

Davidoff

Maurice: remove the bands... if Customs doesn't see "Habana" on the band, you should be OK.

Wonder how long it will take Steve Simon to post to this thread...

Jin E

Second Unit
Why limit yourself to just a few brands? Basically whatever suits my fancy at the time. BTW... my stash is NOTHING compared to some stashes I have seen. My staple gars are Henry Clay Cedros Delux, Mayorga Robusto Maduos, Flor de Cano Bouquets and Bellicosos, and Consuegra #9 maduros. Village Idiot?
TheStash.jpg

John_VI

Second Unit
Jin - I agree, nice stash!! And yes, on the cigar boards I am known as Cosmo_VI. You?

I'm gonna hafta post some pics of my "stash" as well.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
No ropes in my house anymore. I could smoke in the basement, but my 21 month old is slowly taking it over.
Anyone who likes cigars with a kick should try JR Cigars "Genuine Counterfiet Pre-Embargo Cubans". Don't smoke 'em on an empty stomach. They'll make you loopy! I bought 50 torpedos for $99. Excellent smokes and much more affordable than my smokes of choice, CAO Extreme Maduro and Fuente Don Carlos.
When is the Cigar Lovers HT Meet at Jin's house! :D
Ralph

Jin E

Second Unit
CW: JinE
CF: JinE
JRbbs: JinE
;)
The Genuine Pre-embargo counterfiet cuban's at JR's is a durned good gar. They are rolled by perdomo so there is a reason you would like them and the CAO's (also rolled at the Perdomo factory). I usually buy the Gourmets figurados in the Pre-embargo CCC's, they are the strongest of the bunch!

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
In Tampa, Florida there is a Cigar manufacture in Ybor City. They make a cigar called the Lights of Ybor. It is one of the best cigars I've smoked since I was in Mexico and bought a whole bunch of Cubans.

John_VI

Second Unit
Hey John. There's also a manufacturer in Ybor City named Flor de Ybor City. Those cigars are sold in bundles and are apprentice-rolled Fuentes. They are not seconds as the Conseguras are, but they still smoke pretty well. Similar filler/binder as the Fuentes with a more robust wrapper.

I also like the GCCC's from JR's. Hell, I like a LOT of stuff from JR's, but Lew (Rothman, the owner of JR Cigars)can be pretty darned expensive on some items. His best deals are on the products he either owns or controls.

Anybody near Whippany, NJ? JR Cigars headquarters is located there. It's a large building housing the corporate offices, national telesales center, a 2500 sq ft humidor/cigar store, a wine store, a perfume outlet, a great bar and two lounges. Perfect place to kick back with 50-75 friends and smoke yourself silly!!

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
My favorite has always been the Arango Sportsman Aromatic #300 Maduro. Not expensive, but it tastes great.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
John,

Are you shopping on-line? JR always seems the least expensive to me. I've tried Thompson, Holt, Mike's, Famous Smokes and only Famous Smokes is in the ballpark with JR's prices. Of course the smokes Lew has got an financial interest in are the best deals, but I pick up the Partagas Robustos every now and then, and most on line retailers can't come close to JR. Rothman is a downright lunatic, (did you read his crayfish/scorpion story?) but I love his stuff. I bought a few boxes of JR Ultimate tubos when my daughter was born and they were fantastic. They are worth a try too.

Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread