What's new

What's your best retail DVD mis-pricing incident? (1 Viewer)

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
I've had this happen a couple of times, so I thought what are some of your favorite times when you've gotten a better deal than you'd intended?

I'm mainly asking about DVDs but if you have any other sort of retail mis-pricing story to share, feel free.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Forrest Gump

i was on the phone with an e-tailer and the guy quoted me for $13 + shipping brand new. he typed the order in, told me he accidentally read the wrong line, and gave me the price anyway!

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
Mummy UE $9.99(Wal-Mart)

A Bug's Life CE $19.99(Best Buy)

The Insider $2.99(Amazon mis-price)

Too many good deals at flea markets and used stores to list.

I can get most newer big name movies at my local flea market the week after their release for $12 sealed.Recent ones bought were Shrek and American Pie 2 WS.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I remember once that Amazon was selling The Robert DeNiro Collection (which I think included Heat, Bronx Tale, Goodfellas and Analyze This) for $6.79 instead of $67.99. I didn't buy it though! Silly me.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Braveheart at Best Buy, $9.99

From Dusk Til Dawn Collectors Set, Best Buy $26.99

James Bond Boxed Set #2 Best Buy $79.99

I think there was a couple more but with 630+ in the collection it's hard to remember them all.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Paid $29.99 for the Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box Set at Circuit City. Price sticker was for the 2 disc set that only had the standard discs. Saved about $30 bucks on that one. :D :D

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Criterion's The 39 Steps for 8 bucks... they had it in the computer as the Madacy version, or whatever cheapo version it was. :)

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
This isn't the best mis-pricing deal I've gotten, but most recently, I found a mis-priced 5-Star Edition of M.A.S.H at K-Mart. It was supposed to be $22.95. They were all labled $19.95 though.
The employees had marked out the $19.95 price on most and scribbled in $22.95. However, I was able to find one in the bunch that hadn't been been marked back up.
I'll buy damn near anything if it's mis-priced. It's like, an omen that I'm supposed to buy it. :)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Gladiator from Target for $12.95. Had to put up a fuss, but I got it.
Of course, had I seen the movie already, I would have passed on the bargain. :rolleyes:
Jon

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Not exactly DVDs, but DVD-Related anyway:

A Multimedia Rack (300 CDs / 200 DVDs / 115 VHS or combo - the "No tools required" thingys) For 27.99$cdn... She let it go for that price. I thought it was supposed to be 49.99$ but no, it was 79.99$ when I went back and checked the adjusted price!

Wow!

Other than that, my only case of a DVD Deal on Misprice was Brandy's video collection, got it for 26$cdn instead of 30$cdn.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Chasing Amy: Criterion Collection for $14.99 at Best Buy. Well, it might now be a misprice, but damn, that's cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks