What's new

What's your best karaoke number? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
I've never done karaoke, but I used to take golf trips with some work buddies. One guy always brought along a bull horn and after a few adult beverages (and usually some drunken encouragement by friends) I would begin my lounge act. Danke Schoen and Its Not Unusual were my personal faves.

Shane Bos

Second Unit
I am an absolutley horrible singer but hey;
1)Peaches - Presidents of the United States of America
2)Brian Wilson - Barenaked Ladies
3)The Freshmen - The Verve Pipe
4)Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd

A friend of mine is a Karaoke host and does a mean One Week by the Barenaked Ladies and also What a Wonderful World by Louie Armstrong.

Karaoke - The Japanese word for tone deaf.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
"What's your best karaoke number?" - #4168 :laugh:

Seriously, "New York/New York" This way I don't have to worry about hitting any high notes.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting (already listed I see)

Turning Japanese - The Vapors (do they do the original?)

Sam Kinison - Wild Thing

Steve Miller Band - The Joker

Tom Jones - Sex Bomb (the original, before all this radio mix business)

Just a note, these are always done in a drunken stupor with 3 of my buddies. (we're all 20-24 in age)

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator
Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
Cameo - Word Up
Ugly Kid Joe - Everything About You

I just got mp3+G karaoke running on my spare PC in the basement. We had a great time with it during my annual St. Pat party Saturday.

At 3:30 a.m. I ended the night by singing, no, screaming System of a Down's Chop Suey with 2 friends. Good Times.

LawrenceZ

Stunt Coordinator
After some practice and some terrible attempts, I can do a pretty mean "Not For You" and "Evolution" back-to-back by Pearl Jam now, standing ovation last time. Only problem is, they have to be my last songs of the night since I'm guaranteed to lose my voice singing them.

There's a fine line with me and Kareoke. I have to have had just enough drinks to have the courage to really belt it out, but not enough so I can't sing. Sometimes it's such a fine line, I can't even see it and fly right past.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Two weeks ago, I MC'ed my friend's wedding, and I was sooooo tempted to do my rendition of Van Halen's "Top of the World" (which, BTW, is well-suited to the occasion). Especially I was the one with the mic....as Adam Sandler said in "The Wedding Singer".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks