What's new

What's your best karaoke number? (1 Viewer)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Admit it, you like karaoke, and you're pretty good at it! Well, what's your best number?

Mine is The Weight. But only at a certain bar, after a significant amount of sake...

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I do my David Lee Roth or Sammy Hager to a Japanese CD single that features the karaoke versions of "Jump" and "Top of the World". No, not some cheesy instrumentals either; it's Eddie and the boys backing me up while I play my air-guitar along side EVH.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
My standard is Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit though I've been known to pull off Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls, the Kinks - Lola, and Hole - Doll Parts too.

Chris

MikeM

Screenwriter
Easy, it's the best Karaoke song ever:

"Punk Rock Girl" - The Dead Milkmen

Todd_B

Second Unit
^Great song!

Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back" is one tune that I've been known to do :D

Gfly1

Cam S

Screenwriter
If I had the voice I would do "Sexual Healing" or "Let's Get it On" by Marvin Gaye, but I've yet to get the nerves to even try Karaoke yet, soon though :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Solo it has to currently be Shizuka na hibi no kaiden wo, in a group I've been Jamming with Dragon Ash's "Grateful Days"

Real men only karaoke in the original Japanese :)

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
Would have to be Kung Foo Fighting by Carl Douglas. It's just one of those songs you can get into while you sing it - kicks, karate chops, etc,. :)

- Andrew

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Kung Foo Fighting; that's a classic! Throw on some Hi Karate (do they still make that stuff?) and you've got yourself some serious karaoke.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I am told I do a mean "Stand By Me". but I have to be pretty much drunk to do it properly, hence I offer no personal opinion as to how good it actually is. :D

ordinarily I'd say I'm a pretty poor singer, I'm not tone-deaf or anything and can hold a tune, but I have not been blessed with good vocal chords.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Real men only karaoke in the original Japanese
Jeff, please try to pass this along to the Japanese people themselves. ;) When I was living in Japan, it was a given to hear about 5 or 6 Beatles songs butchered to all hell in between beers during karaoke. :D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, please try to pass this along to the Japanese people themselves. When I was living in Japan, it was a given to hear about 5 or 6 Beatles songs butchered to all hell in between beers during karaoke.
:laugh:

Tell me about it. Actually I was invited into a drinking circle with a bunch of salarymen because I knew Uchuu Senkan Yamato :) They got me totally blasted on good whiskey, and paid for a cab back to my hotel for me :)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash
Six Days On The Road by Sawyer Brown
Plowboy by Cledus T. Judd

These are my three most requested when I go out, but there are about 75 other songs which I do at some time or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks