What's new

What's YOUR 1080P film fantasy??? (1 Viewer)

David (C)

Stunt Coordinator
The Grifters: color transfer based on the HBO edition
Dead Ringers: color transfer based on the Voyager edition
Robocop: color transfer based on the Voyager edition
Dracula (FFC): color transfer based on the Voyager edition
The first six Star Trek theatricals
Dune
Total Recall: Since God is doing this color timed under my prerogative;)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
That's Multi-verse in my case. :crazy:

Here are some more choices from the mind of a definitely crazy person. (titles with a single asterisk denotes a film I used to own on DVD. Double asterisks denotes I've never owned it before but have rented/borrowed/etc. it before.)

What Dreams May Come
Superman: The Movie
RoboCop
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai*
Sneakers
The Rock
Big Trouble in Little China*
Dances with Wolves
The Untouchables
TOP GUN
The Last Samurai
The Mummy (1999)
K-19: The Widowmaker
Field of Dreams
The Frighteners
InnerSpace
DragonHeart
12 Monkeys
A.I.: Artificial Intelligence
Catch Me If You Can
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
RONIN
WASABI
Planet of the Apes (1968)**
Planet of the Apes (2001)
Spider-Man Trilogy
X-MEN Trilogy
The Shanghai Trilogy (Shanghai Noon, Knights and Dawn)

More to follow later and I'll edit this post a bunch of times with a myriad of titles.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
OK, in an effort to find some much needed humor, here are ten titles that will surely be popular considering recent sentiments shared in the "Poll" thread - although they might not be bought. ;)

[c]

:)[/c]

Chris_kirk

Grip
This is not a complete list, but two films I'd love to see in the best resolution possible are Fantasia and Fantasia 2000.

Eventually I'd love to see the Star Trek and Star Wars films.

DanR

Supporting Actor
The Star Wars Saga
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Jurassic Park
Braveheart
Gladiator (2000)
Batman Begins
The Rock
The Mummy (1999)
The LOTR Trilogy Extended Editions
Aliens

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
12 Monkeys
Star Wars (all)
Sound of Music (in full DTS)
Pixar's "The Incredibles"
The Lion King
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Bourne Identity
Bourne Supremacy
LOTR Trilogy

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
MattCR,

don't forget you get lossles high-res audio so no need to even worry about "full DTS"...try lossless 24/192!

:D

Then list them all!

dave :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
My 1080p film fantasy involves not so much individual titles (though there are those), but studios getting picture, sound and extras uniformly right the first time across the board, thus eliminating the necessity to buy these titles again until a 4k viewing source comes out.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
:emoji_thumbsup:

After seeing Hello Dolly in 70mm...It's *very clear* just how much these "1080P" transfers have to live up to. Let's hope these studios don't muck it up with filtering and electronic processing artifacts...ugh!

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
After a disastrous "Narnia" screening yesterday, I look forward to seeing it on BluRay, if and when it comes out. It will probably be the first time I see it "properly", despite having seen it on (out of focus, banged up, dim) film twice.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Your enthusiasm for all this stuff runneth over, but what good does lossless 24/192 do for most people. Another upgrade is required in order to access it. In my particular case that means throwing a receiver that cost thousands onto the garbage pile, and then the TV on top of it. I suppose I might be able to access a facsimile of it through the analog inputs which were meant for a DVD-A or SACD player, but there is no guarantee.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Are there any receivers available yet that can even do all of the new high-res audio formats? I don't recall seeing any yet.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think I read, somewhere around here, that an HDMI version 1.3 connector would be required for full lossless audio. I do not think that any present receiver has that connection. I would expect it to start showing up on higher end receivers pretty quick, so the CE companies can soak enthusiasts once again with non-upgradeable equipment.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
In the AVS thread about the Pioneer BR player, it's being said that DTS will not allow full lossless audio to be decoded in the player, but DD will.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member

In addition to not belonging in this thread (moderate yourself please) this is 100% WRONG. You can watch and listen to future HD-disc formats on your current hardware and they will look and sound better than DVD. That's true if you own an NTSC 4x3 TV and have a pro-logic reciever. There is no reason to complain. Upgrade your hardware when you're ready and can afford an even better improvement.

Back on track in this thread. DO NOT DEBATE THE MERRITS OF HD MEDIA. Just the movies you'd like to enjoy.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

i would love to see beautiful HD versions of these two as well. they are not films that are high on my consicousness at any given time, but in all honesty, i think i might actually enjoy things like this more than my 'favorites' because unlike my favorites, i haven't re-watched them to death yet.
and in the case of YOLD, the current dvd is nowhere near being state of the art. a lot of room for improvment even in standard definition. i can just image the kind of spell that film could cast in a sparkling 1080p image splashed across a large screen.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

- Edward Scissorhands
- Moulin Rouge
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy
- The (original) Star Wars trilogy
- Pearl Harbor (DC)
- Serenity
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Corpse Bride
- Tombstone
- Gladiator

PattyFraser

Second Unit
Seeing as how this is a total fantasty--

TPTB have gathered together Sean Astin, Dom Monaghan, Billy Boyd, Elijah Wood and some new character to film the Old Forest, In the House of Tom Bombadil and Fog on the Barrow Downs scenes for FOTR and put them in a branching option. (Let me make sure I understand branching--this gives you the option of watching a chapter {s} not in the regular run of the movie by pressing a button and seamlessly inserting it in between existing chapters, huh?). I used to HATE the Bombadil substory, but due to my current reread of the book I begin to see how much backstory it actually does give. Even Viggo's "King" is foreshadowed here and could get a part without lines. I'd love to have the option to insert this, and see it all continuously in glorious 1080p.

In this scenario "God" would have to be PJ, I guess.

I would add to this fantasy:

1. Babe (love the pig movie!)
2. Fanny and Alexander (can you image the marionette scene in HD?)
3. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (the flying scenes, oh man!)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Hmmm, sixty posts here, and not one mention of the Harry Potter movies. Interesting!

My ten:

The Star Wars Series
The Alien / Predator Series
The Jurassic Park Trilogy
The James Bond Series
The Star Trek Series
The Lord of the Rings (Extended) Trilogy
The Indiana Jones Trilogy
The Batman Series
The Godfather Trilogy
The Three Colours Trilogy

So, there you go - ten choices, sixty-two movies!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks