What's new

whats wrong? (1 Viewer)

Harry W

Stunt Coordinator
Ok guys I just got a RS sound level meter and am calibrating my speakers.the center and surrounds seem to test right 75db,but my front mains,l&r,don't want to go up that high.test sounds put them only in,on the meter scale,-4 range and won't go any higher.All other ones go to the other end of the scale of +5.The l/r speakers are old Bose bookshelf speakers,got um in the early 80's ,201 reflecting speakers.My question is are these to old,do i need an upgrade or am i just not doing something right?They were in the attic for a while and were lent out to a nephew for a while,now there are back and i thought I 'd use um.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Trim the center and surrounds down about 10 db each. Then turn the master volume up till the R or L hits 75 on the meter (regardless of what the receiver display says) That should bring the overall level of each speaker close, then fine adjust from there. Looks like there is an efficiency mismatch, not ideal but can be worked around. That is what the trims are for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks