What's wrong with this picture?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Howard Williams, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

I was watching "America's Top 10 Beaches" on the Discovery channel last night. One of them was in Nantucket in Massachusetts. During the spot they said something about the beautiful sunsets there. They showed the sun setting into the ocean and made a comment along the same line. As I reached for another fried chicken thigh, something hit me !! Hey, that's not right!!! The sun sets in the west, so how can someone one the east coast see the sun setting into the ocean? I will have to watch this again. Anyone else happen to notice this? Maybe I was just tripping. Blame it on the chicken?

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Isn't Nantucket an island surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean? You can still have sunsets on the island as Nantucket, I think, is west of Martha's Vineyard and the NA landmass may be far enough to be off the horizon...
    edit Oops, Nantucket is east of Martha's Vineyard but looks like you can still get nice ocean sunsets from the beaches on the western end. Never been there, but I've been to Martha's Vineyard a couple of times (B.C. Before Clinton)
    For sunsets, I can't imagine how they couldn't put Polihale on the island of Kauai as one of the top beaches..
    Sunset on Cadillac Mt in Acadia National Park is also wicked cool.
    Jay

3. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

nantuckets an island!

4. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

Ok, it's an island. Now I understand.

DOH !!!