1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Whats wrong with my receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steven_B, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Steven_B

Steven_B Agent

I have a Yamaha RX-V590, and I was listening to it while it shut off by itself. The volume was moderate it had only been playing for 15 minutes. I tried to turn it back on and it would click on and off. I tried unplugging everything
    turned the volume down nothing worked. I opened it up and saw that their was a fuse burnt out, I replaced it with the same one and it blow when I turned it on. I am by no means electronically inclined but if someone has an idea please let me know.

2. Bob_A

Bob_A Supporting Actor

Is this unit still under warranty? Might want to have your local shop take a look...

3. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan Stunt Coordinator

Were the speakers hooked up again after you changed the fuse or does the fuse blow with no speakers hooked up?
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Tom&Amy's DVD's

4. Steven_B

Steven_B Agent

The speakers were not hooked up when the fuse blew. It is a six year old model, so no warranty. Thanks for your replies.

5. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Sounds like a problem in the board somewhere, a short since it's causing the fuse to go out. If you can get it fixed via warranty the by all means have it done. I remember I wanted to fix my old prologic receiver for Psuedo EX set up and it was no charge because Sears stood behind the product that was less than two years old, but when I saw the bill the darn thing was darn near 300.00 to Sears. This was for a prologic receiver. If you can't get it fixed at a reasonable price and being 6 years old, time to move on get a good new receiver with DPLII.
    ------------------
    ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
    DISMEMBERMENT...
    MY HT PIXS