What's new

Whats wrong with my receiver (1 Viewer)

Steven_B

Agent
I have a Yamaha RX-V590, and I was listening to it while it shut off by itself. The volume was moderate it had only been playing for 15 minutes. I tried to turn it back on and it would click on and off. I tried unplugging everything
turned the volume down nothing worked. I opened it up and saw that their was a fuse burnt out, I replaced it with the same one and it blow when I turned it on. I am by no means electronically inclined but if someone has an idea please let me know.

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Is this unit still under warranty? Might want to have your local shop take a look...

Tom Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
Were the speakers hooked up again after you changed the fuse or does the fuse blow with no speakers hooked up?
------------------
Image9.gif

Tom&Amy's DVD's

Steven_B

Agent
The speakers were not hooked up when the fuse blew. It is a six year old model, so no warranty. Thanks for your replies.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like a problem in the board somewhere, a short since it's causing the fuse to go out. If you can get it fixed via warranty the by all means have it done. I remember I wanted to fix my old prologic receiver for Psuedo EX set up and it was no charge because Sears stood behind the product that was less than two years old, but when I saw the bill the darn thing was darn near 300.00 to Sears. This was for a prologic receiver. If you can't get it fixed at a reasonable price and being 6 years old, time to move on get a good new receiver with DPLII.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks