What's new

What's wrong with my center channel? (1 Viewer)

james e m

Second Unit
The last couple of weeks I have noticed my center channel has been acting funny. When it is in use and dialogue coming through it, in the back ground I can hear an annoying "noise". It's hard to explain, but it sounds like what a set of speakers would sound like if you turned the volume all the way up to max without playing any sound/music through it. I can still hear the dialogue fine, but it's really distracting. I also just noticed while watching Spies Like Us that the dialogue sounds really harsh and makes some cracking noises. Does anybody know why this is happening? Is my center channel on it's way out?
Thanks...
james
------------------
When in doubt...Rock it out.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Have you check the connections? Perhaps its coming loose, or its out of phase. Check it connected to another output on your receiver, and use different cables, that way you can figure out exactly where the problem lies.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
While Spies Like Us is a great movie I would not use it to reference my speakers. There are a surprising number of DVD's that have harsh dialog in spots(old and new releases)
Is this a problem that just popped up? Is there any new components?
It's possible your center speaker just took a dump.
Take one of your mains and hook it up to the center terminal to rule out an amp problem, if the main you hook up sounds this way then you have a receiver problem, if the main sounds good then your center speaker is faulty.
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Tor Arne

Stunt Coordinator
Is your center speaker mounted on top of your tv? The cabinet of the tv can vibrate and sound horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks