What's wrong with my Amelie?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Leopold, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

We picked up Amelie at Target over the weekend. When I try to play it in my Apex 3201, it stops at the 23 second mark on the startup (FBI warning, etc.). I then hit play, and the movie plays with the English language commentary playing. There is no way to turn it off--I try from the special features screen, and I try using my audio button; neither works. My wife's returning it today, and I hope they have another copy in stock--there was only one when we bought it. Anyone having a similar problem?

2. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    I would be more worried about this

3. Robert Spalding

Robert Spalding Second Unit

My copy Amelie had the same problem, but I learned how to fix it. You have to go to the Special Features menu, select the English Director commentary and then select off, now hit Play Movie and everything will play perfectly.

4. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

Actually, I tried switching it off from the "English Director Commentary" screen several times, but it did not work. I even tried turning on the French commentary, but the only way it will play is with the English commentary.

5. Cary T

Cary T Screenwriter

I doubt there's anything wrong with the DVD. My Apex player does the same thing, but my Sony player has no problem. Your best bet, time for a second DVD player.