What's new

Whats wrong with my 32 inch JVC tv? (1 Viewer)

Bobby Parsons

Stunt Coordinator
Ok well about 2 months ago I bought a JVC tv after my big screen tv have problems. The JCV didnt seem to have straight lines and was a little red in the corners so I returned it. Well I brought the second one home and it had red in all 4 corners and looked really bad. So I returned it again. Well my 3rd tv also has redness all on the left side of the tv. Its really annoying. I do have speakers need to them but they are in a entertainmentcenter. And I would day a good foot away on each side. When looking close on each side of the tv I can see the colors coming out of alignment. It was like this when I got it but maybe not this bad. I would have returned it again but I didnt feel like lugging the thing back to bestbuy again. Is this a easy fix or whats going on? I really like the tv other than the redness. Can this be fixed in the service menu?

Bobby Parsons

Stunt Coordinator
Well I called JVC a few weeks ago. And they wont send a service person out because the closest one is 40 mins away. And they said I had to pay for milage.

Ed Sloan

Auditioning
Bobby,

Your speakers are almost certainly too close to your set. Don't call a repairman until you move those speakers. One foot away is not enough. This will not be covered under any warranty either as it is considered abuse. I know that you want to keep the speakers where they are because of the entertainment center, but its either them or the TV. If you move those speakers and the red is still in the corners or on the left side, then you will need degausing as Dean said. If you have those speakers too close for too long, permanent damage will happen. Speaker stands are cheaper and less hassle than a repair job or a new TV.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
What Ed says. Move the speakers immediately!!

Turn off the JVC TV for a few hours and unplug it. Then turn on the TV and see if the internal deguassing has fixed the problem.

Cagri

Second Unit
Isn't a foot enough distance if the speakers are shielded? I have my speakers less than a foot away with no problems whatsoever.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
By any chance is your JVC TV the 32 Inch Flat Tube model? If I remember right, I read somewhere? that the 32 inch Flat Tube model had color problems in the corners of the set that for some strange reason wasn't on the 27 inch or 36 inch Flat Tube sets. Maybe that's what your seeing? Wish I could remember where I read it & if I do I'll post again.Maybe someone else will post more info on the set.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Before giving up on the built in degausser, move the speakers at least four feet away and do a week's worth of normal TV viewing. (Ten repetitions of: turn TV on, watch for an hour, turn it off, wait an hour, will operate the built in degausser as best as it can perform.)

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
i have a 36" JVC HDTV Flat tube.

I have bad purity in the corners that come and go. On a blue screen, I have red in corners sometimes.
I called and am having a technician come out next friday.
My speakers are on stands and are approx. 1 foot from tv.
I will move them like 3 feet from tv.
I have had this tv for only 2 months and have a 3 year extended warranty on it.
my model is av36p903
Any info here would be appreciated.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks