What's new

What's wrong with Burger King? (1 Viewer)

Steve Bogo

Auditioning
McDonalds's in fact is not increasing its overall sales, but they find their sales stagnate or falling somewhat. Not surprise to me; as I predicted this would happen years ago. Wendy's is poised to overtake BK later this year in sales, to the #2 spot. Go Wendy's. Love them Frostie's!!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Really? From McDonald's Financial News section:
  • Year-to-date May 2004 global comparable sales increased 9.2% — our highest year-to-date May increase since 1984
  • Global comparable sales increased 7.4% for the month — our 13th consecutive month of global same store sales increases
  • Year-to-date May comparable sales in the U.S. increased 12.6%, and were up 7.9% for the month
  • Year-to-date May comparable sales in Europe increased 4.1%, and were up 4.6% for the month

Steve Bogo

Auditioning
Still relatively stagnic from figures in the past. And people will soon wise up (hopefully) as to what they serve. Hopefully!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
As to the Pizza/fast, I don't know if this is in everyone's area, but we now have "combo" stores.. ie "Pizza Hut/KFC" where you can drive through and order chicken.. or pizza. We also have some "Pizza Hut/Taco Bell" combo stores where you can get a Taco.. and some breadsticks (or pizza) in the drive-thru.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Across the street of one of my classroom buildings (Fairlie-Poplar area of d'town ATL) there's a Pizza Hut/Taco Bell/KFC combo store. Since there's an excellent local place that sells pizza by the slice I rarely get Pizza Hut but I occasionally will get KFC and Taco Bell.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I don't mind the Carl's Jr. ads. For those that dislike the ads, you're missing out on some great fast-food. Would you let a bad trailer prevent you from seeing a great movie?

Yesterday, I had an urge to go to A&W because of a post here about their burgers and chili dogs, so I ordered their Deluxe Hamburger and a Cony Chili Cheese Dog with Onions. When I came home, I opened the wrapper for the burger and it wasn't what I had ordered; it turned out to be their Jr. Hamburger! Then I opened the container for the dog, and it didn't have any cheese! I should have known something would be wrong, because after I ordered each item, the intercom lady asked me if it was for the combo or just the item itself.

~T

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
A few comments after reading this whole message thread:

1. Alas, Burger King has suffered considerably when that franchisee that had 262 locations on the US West Coast had to pretty much close them all due to financial difficulties. I think BK has yet to recover from this loss of market share.

2. Yes, I do love In-N-Out! Their Double-Double hamburger is superb and they make great french fries, too. :emoji_thumbsup: The reason why In-N-Out won't expand beyond California, Nevada and Arizona is the fact every store is owned directly by the company itself.

3. I try to find a place that makes a decent Philadelphia-style cheesesteak hoagie. Amato's in San Jose, CA makes great cheesesteaks because the owner came from just outside Philadelphia and knows about how they make the cheesesteaks at Pat's and Genos. :)

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I like Steak-n-Shake's burgers. Good shakes too. I haven't been to A&W, but there is one near me.

I haven't been into BK in about 10 years. I'd go this weekend and have an Angus burger, but I had a Spicy Italian sandwich at Subway earlier this week, and I think I am done with my fat quota for the week. My usual fast food haunts are Wendy's (good $1 menu), Jack in the Box (okay $1 menu), and Whataburger (no $1 to speak of, but the burgers are good). I hardly eat in the restaurant, so by the time I take my food home, the fries are kind of cold.

Jimmy John's makes great sandwiches. McDonald's food is horrible. I went on a trip last month and, of course, McDs are everywhere, so that was all we ate.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

You know, I realized why I brought this thread up.. went through BK today and had the Angus burger w/bacon & cheese.. easily better then anything McD's puts on their menu.. then I realized.. for $5.50 a sandwhich, it sure should be ;)

DanaA

Screenwriter
Agreed on In-N-Out. Freshest taking burgers of any fast food chain imo. And, they don't skimp on the toppings either...always order mine with extra onions and it's great.

Ravi, haven't heard of Steak-N-Shake. Are they local to Texas or a Southern chain?

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Steak and Shake: best chili out there, but weak fries.

White Castle: the trick is to order the burgers standard (with pickles) but then take the pickles off. The small amount of pickle juice left on the bun adds just the right flavor.

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
In terms of fries, here is my favorites in order. 1 being best then down in quality.

1. Wendys
2. White Castle
3. McDonalds
4. Burger King

Wendys is the best for fries, nice and crunchy outside and soft in the inside.
White Castle is second. Nice crinkle cut fries that also crunchy outside and soft inside. Also you add your own salt.
McDonalds is third. A mix between crunchy and limp fries. Sometimes I really like the limp fries.
Burger King. The worst fries around. Don't taste good hot or cold. Which I think is why they brought out these new fries, so they taste good cold. Who wants to eat cold fries?

Burgers.
1. Wendys
2. Burger King
3. White Castle
4. McDonalds.

Wendys has the best burgers around. Nice and juicy and large.
Burger King is second best. Nice big burgers and way better than McDonalds.
White Castle. Nice little snack burger. And if you have constipation problems, eat a few and this will clean you out.
McDonalds. Has the worst burgers around. Everything tastes sweet, maybe thats why kids love them.

I have not included Checkers, Hardees, Sonic or A&W. The first 2 has closed up around here so I don't remember how they tasted. And I haven't eaten at Sonic or A&W yet so I don't know how they taste.

I also didn't include Chicken places, or Arbys as this pertains mostly to Burger joints.

If I had to choose my favorite chicken places these are my top 3.
1. Browns Chicken. Nice big pieces
2. Popeye's Chicken. Also nice big pieces.
3. Kentucky Fried Chicken. Uses to be my favorite, but they have changed chicken suppliers so now the chicken tastes like a cheap quality stuff. Also pieces are way too small.

Getting back to Burger King: I remember when I was a kid and going there. After placing our order, you would watch the burgers go through the flame cook machine and come out the other end, where they would put the burgers on the bun. This was fascinating as a child to watch the burgers cook. Does anybody else remember this? Also remember their mascot? I used to own the stuffed doll a long time ago until my dog attacked it.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
remember when BK had 2 burgers and 2 fries for 2 bucks? then it was for 2.22?
Man those were good burgers, used to get those in highschool for lunch a lot..

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
My favs:

1) Mcds: Arent that bad.
2) Wendys: Really growing on me. Close to taking over the no 1 spot in my book. Love the fries.
3) In N Out: Great burgers and fries.
4) Jimboys: Best damn fast food tacos in the world! Greasy as hell but they rule.

Carls, Taco Smell and KFC arent on my favs list but I do eat there once in a while. The Western Bacon at Carls is to die for!. BK just sucks.

There are other chains in this thread that arent in my area or I just havent eaten at in a long time.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
You know, a local Denny's has started doing drive through.

How does that work?

Driver: I'd like some Belgian Waffles, a side of hashbrowns, and some sausages.. oh, and orange juice

Machine: Your total is $9.85, pull around please, we'll loan you the syrup jar for a short while.

Argh! :)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
applebees is doing curb side service here, call your order in, pull up, and they run it out to your car.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks