What's new

What's wrong with Burger King? (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The moment McDonalds advertised their "new" Chicken nuggest as now:

"Improved! Now all chicken w/White meat!"

You knew the jig was up.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt

The in-n-out website has something on there to the effect that they don't want to expand beyond CA, AZ, and NV...damn shame too. Count me in with Zen's addicted to In-N-Out crowd; we ate at the one in Vegas near Tropicana something like 4 times in 3 days.

BK lost me when the Whopper Jr went to $1.49 here in ATL. I can get 2 Wendy's Jr Bacons and a water for 2.10 out the door, and other than the Wendy's cheese ( it tastes like butt), the taste is much better. They never seem to put ketchup on their burgers though, i always have to get packets and add it.

Arbys is good; i eat there when they have the 5 for $5 on; otherwise just a small sandwich costs as much as a combo at most other places...if i'm going to spend that kind of cash, i'll go to Chick-Fil-A or a real resturant.

Also, I just found this site dedicated to the "secret menu" at In-N-Out.

http://www.zenlemur.com/innout.shtml

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
I cannot believe that not one person has mentioned White Castle. I know that their "burgers" are disgusting, but I'll be damned if I don't get a craving for them now and again. Am I the only one?

Chris

Senior HTF Member

There is something strange about the sauce or whatever they use there.. yeah, disgusting.. but they have that weird appeal.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Nor have I, but you sure hear about them a lot. Heck, we even have Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle due to hit your local theater in a few weeks.

What do you guys mean by "disgusting"?? Can you compare the sauce to anything?

Todd_B

Second Unit
I don't think they have 'sauce' per se, but they are steamed on a bed of onions which give them a certain flavor :)

Todd B

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I havn't been truly satisfied from a sub from subway in years. It seems about the same time they changed the way they cut the subs (from the hinge to the wedge I think), the ingrediants started getting poorer and poorer.

There's definately a marked difference in quality between fast food outlets built inside malls, and those that are either free standing or in strip malls. The stand alone ones just simply taste better.

Quizno's subs are definately top notch, but they are quite expensive, for really no reason other than it seems they wanted to appear "higher class".

My ratings (based mostly on Calgary and Red Deer fast food):

1. Wendy's *4/5* Good food, good prices, fresh ingrediants. For some reason this place still puts carpet in the eating area, and it always looks a little dirty. Bonus points for the fact that they are open late. Loses points from the frequent mess-ups with the orders. I would say I get a screw up once ever two weeks.

2. Dairy Queen *4/5* Perhaps the best burgers from a chain, and the chicken strip baskets rock (and they come with toast!). Has the best selection when it comes to desert, and the places are always very clean. Bonus points for them always hiring cute girls :) and for having jukeboxes in some places. Lost points for high prices and the fact that most DQ stores are of the brazier variety, and have litte to no hot food.

3. KFC *3.5/5* When you want food that is consitently good, and you also want chicken. The twisters are some of the best things on the menu, and the hot wings are actually very good as well. Bonus points for quick drive through and good fountain pop. Lost points from slow in store service, relativley limited menu (understandable though), and they seem to enjoy giving me the smallest possible chicken pieces available.

4. Burger King *3.5/5* Good burgers, though not great. Decent prices, though not great. Simply a decent place to eat. Floors are always clean though. One odd thing, when you order the food to stay, it's always piping hot, but when you get it to go, it's ice-cold when you get home. I've never seen fast food lose heat as quick as BK food. Bonus points for the manager frequently coming around to ask how the meal is (very nice for fast food). Lost points from crappy parking, and minimal seating.

5. Quiznos *3.5/5* Very tasty subs, using a different menu than most sub places. No real option to change the sub othet than removing things, and the prices are VERY high for the quality, most meals are 10 bucks plus. Bonus points for toasting the buns, and for having unique types of subs. Lost points from long lines, no debit machines usually, and high prices.

I'll add more later, but i'm heading out to eat. To quiznos actually (roomate loves it there - he says 5/5)

cheers!

Josh

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

Yep, I saw that trailer.
I think in donnie brasco they take a lion to white castle too, but I could have the film confused.
I've seen the burgers for sale frozen at the grocery store, we just don't have WC around here (that I know of)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
What's funny is that for all the fast foods, pizza never came up (Papa Johns, Dominos, Little Ceaser's, Sbarro's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Shoppe, Godfathers, etc.)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Carl's Jr's has this thing they call "the $6 Angus restaurant burger" that sells for about $3 and is hands-down the best fast-food burger I've ever had. There is a double version available which amounts to a full pound of beef before cooking. I ordered one along with huge fries and drink-totalled over $8 and was worth every penny. You literally can not get your mouth open far enough to get the burger in, gotta sorta rotate it a bit like corn on the cob. Messier than hell but absolutely delicious.

DanaA

Screenwriter

Well, pizza's never fast, but, in my experience, neither are places like Carls.

By the way, I refuse to eat at Carls in protest of their, imo, stupid commercials, "Don't bother me..." which invariably show some egocentric, self-absorbed idiot eating like a pig.

I know I'm being childish in this regard and that Carls could probably care less, but people making sloppy mouth noises is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

Maybe thats why I've had no desire to at Carl's recently as well. Those commercials were pretty annoying. I was almost half expecting to be able to hear them breathing loudly through their nose as they shoved that burger in their face.:thumbsdown:

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
That's an understatement for me. Their commercials (including using Dennis Rodman as a spokesman) have killed any desire I ever had to go there. Revolting.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Exactly, and although their food was pretty darn good, I too refuse to eat an establishment that's insults its' potential consumer. "At Carl's Jr. you're an idiot" and the "Don't bother me...I'm a jobless slob..who eats burgers like a pig with 12 other losers in one hotel room" campaigns are about the most repulsive and annoying piece of media in the history of time. I will kick that wannabe 70's stoner voice idiot's ass if I ever find out who he is. I don't care that he had nothing to do with the concept or the writing, I will get to those people later. He is first on my list. Then I'm going after that bitch doing the robot in that Mitsubishi commercial and the ad agency responsible. :)

EDIT: oops forgot a smiley

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
^ I don't know, I don't find the Carl's commercials any less repulsive than Mcdonald's "I'm loving it" bull.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
:eek: Remind me to never piss off Zen... ;)

Living in a Carl's Jr.-free zone, I've never seen these ads. Are they worse than the Quiznos ads with the singing mutant rats???

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks