What's new

What's with this new 'MIB' dvd coming out soon? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
A trailer for MIB2 and that's it.

Otherwise, it's supposed to be exactly like the limited edition...in a different box.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks David. That really sucks, they'll have people thinking that it has more extra's and making them pay 20 bucks for a trailer!?

No thanks.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
They're just hoping to sell some DVD's prior to the new film. It doesn't suck if you read the box and get info from HTF!:)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
A trailer for MIB2 and that's it.
When I first heard about this re-release, the one thing I did hear was the MIB2 trailer was on it but didn't hear of anything else. I thought then that they wouldn't just add the trailer and then put the exact same set out. Guess I was mistaken. No biggie for me, since I already have the 2 disc SE, but given that the MIB2 trailer can be had elsewhere (Anamorphic and in 5.1 DD on the Ali DVD), this just seems like a rip-off. If they just wanted to sell more DVD's, do a re-issue with a price-drop.
Bruce

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
At least for those of us who haven't bought the two disc set yet (I almost did today), this looks to have better packaging than the solid black box.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
It's also cheaper than the LE.

For those who never picked up the LE, they just have to decide if they want to pay more for a cardboard box, or pay less for one in a sturdy plastic box.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The Deluxe Edition does not have the conceptual art one-sheet that was included with the Limited Edition. Also, the booklet is a little different.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
There is concept art in the booklet that comes with the Deluxe Edition. I dunno if it's the same that is in the LE, I'd need to check later.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
I was talking about a one-sheet...not the art in the booklet. The Limited Edition came with a folded "poster" with conceptual art by Rick Baker. Some of these conceptual art one-sheets were autographed by Baker and Barry Sonnenfeld.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I thought the term one-sheet referred specifically to 27-by-41 movie posters. Does it apply to the little "poster" included in the MIB LE?

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
I always used one-sheet to signify any size poster included with a DVD package. It is supposed to only mean 27x41 posters. I guess we change it to conceptual art insert...but that would be confusing...

Let's just say that the Limited Edition has two inserts and "unique" packaging. The Deluxe Edition only has a booklet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks