What's new

What's with these Myryad seperates? (1 Viewer)

KrishnaP

Grip
I see http://www.myryad.com/ is having a blow out sale on these seperates. I tried to get some information on them on the web but found very little on some of their Amps at http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...-11-2000.html. I like their finish and the Myryad 5.1 Home Theater seems to be priced well except that I would prefer to have MDP500 - Gen. 6 Processor with it.

Anyone knows more about these and also I like to know if 100 watts per channel will be good enough to drive speakers like KEF Reference 203s? I also visited http://www.myryad.co.uk/ and found that the processors don't have some of the inputs and outputs found in other high ger from Rotel and Sunfire like Component Video inputs for video and IEEE firewire and stuff like that. Are those really used much?

I would appreciate any feedback on these as I am right now leaning more towards Sunfire Ultimate Receiver or Sunfire Seperates(5-channel Amp as Seven Cinema are out of my range).

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
The former Myryad dealer here used their electronics to power their Dynaudio (which they no longer carry as well) Audience 2 channel setups. They seemed alright, mated very well with the Dyns. I don't see why they shouldn't mate well with the KEF's. However, this is the only experience I've had with Myryads.

Jaime B

Stunt Coordinator
KrishnaP:

Myryad are very good electronics, I've heard a Home Theater set-up at the local dealer with M-L speakers.

However, this blow-out sale is one of two things, either they are changing US distributors (ARTECH no longer represents Myryad, or they are pulling out of the US market altogether!

My recommendation is to call them to check this out.

JaimeB

EricaC

Auditioning
Krishna,

I've been using the MDP-500 for a coupla years now, and have been very pleased with its neutral sonic character and agility for a wide variety of content, even music.

Bass management and speaker setup are comprehensive - a critical feature for me, as I have a "challenging" environment.

Fit and finish are excellent. The unit is paired with the splendid Home Theater Master SL-9000 remote.

My only complaint is that I have an earlier model, which does not support Dolby Prologic II. The upgrade is a whopping $1400. Oh, and the unit does not provide for component switching.

I am using a Sherborn 5/1500 5-channel amplifier with the Myryad. I auditioned the MA* series amps a long time ago and vaguely recall being...well, it was a competent performance to be sure, but I preferred the Sherbourn amplification.

Hope that helps.

Erica

KrishnaP

Grip
Thanks all for the information. I decided to pass on this for one reason. They don't have component switching. Also, the the price gets too high when i try to go for 7.1 combination with G5 processor. I think I get similar quality proc/amps or receivers that have all the inputs/outputs I will ever need with that price. I read lot of good things about Elite receivers and Rotel seperates.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks