What's with SVS subs in for sale area?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Wagner, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Ken Wagner

Ken Wagner Stunt Coordinator

I've read lots of glowing reviews about SVS subs then I see them for sale every day in the for sale area. Maybe I'm paranoid but why are people selling these if they are so great? Not everyone can be upgrading from one model to the other can they? If they are I need to get a better life because I don't see how people do it.
    Am I the only one that feels this way? Am I missing something? Am I asking too many questions?
    [​IMG]

2. GabrielC

GabrielC Stunt Coordinator

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if people were selling them simply to upgrade...I was briefly considering that too... (until I looked at my wallet [​IMG] )
    But another possibility may be they can't afford the size of the sub in their house (WAF), or it's disturbing neighbours...

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

you never see svs for sale on this forum until they debut a new model... then people unload and upgrade.

I've seen 1 or 2 svs subs for sale that weren't related to upgrades-- they usually involved a note saying they had to sell or be evicted from thier apartment...

-v

4. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

and a few of the sellers probably just have REALLY bad taste in audio and want that boomy cube sound back [​IMG]