What's with frame rate problem with MotoGP 2 on XBOX ??

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by James_tango, May 21, 2003.

Tags:
  1. James_tango

James_tango Stunt Coordinator

I hear a lot of complain about dropping frame rates on final version of MotoGP 2.

On the other hand, some people swear that the frame rate is not a problem or some doesn't notice any.

How do you find it, folks ??

If this is indeed an issue, I'll pass on MotoGP 2. XBOX has been out quite a while now...and it's their second game/development on XBOX. They should've had no problem optimizing it. If they didn't...they just don't deserve a single penny from me. [​IMG]

P.S. It is very funny that with the same console, the same game...some people doesn't notice slow downs while some does and complain...

2. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I've been reading mixed things concerning the framerate on this title. So I guess I'll wait to rent this to see how it is.

3. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

I tried the demo and it was silky smooth. OXM's review indicates it's locked at 60fps. Interesting.

4. Brandon_S

Brandon_S Second Unit

The frame rate gets a bit choppy in the two player split screen mode with a lot of bikes on screen at once, but that really isn't too much of a problem. Later tonight I am going to sit down and play a full screen race and see what all the fuss is about. Even if there are minor frame rate issues as some are reporting, I can already tell this was a worthy purchase!

5. Scott "E"

Scott "E" Second Unit

There is one spot in the second training challenge where the framerate stutters, but hardly anything I'd call a framerate problem. Especially when the rest of the game runs at a steady 60 fps.

6. hwshi

hwshi Stunt Coordinator

scott what are your initial impressions of the game, is it a worthy succesor to the original?
    and is the training to build a custom as tedious as i have been reading. short on time lately and i really do not want to spend hours upon hours building my bike, guess i'll be running a stock for quite a while if what i'm reading is true [​IMG] .
    hopefully i will be able to find a copy today to test it out myself.

7. Mike__D

Mike__D Supporting Actor

How about sound? My friend picked it up and said the sound is worse than the original, although he doesn't have an HT setup.

Mike D.

8. Scott "E"

Scott "E" Second Unit

9. Jerry Gracia

Jerry Gracia Supporting Actor

Hmm...I didn't notice any frame rate issues. I played the game for about 4-5 hours last night, on and off line.

The game is really fun on LIVE! The most fun I had on LIVE yet.

10. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

I played for about 8 hours yesterday, there are framerate problems on some of the tracks.

It doesnt seem too bad, but I really wish it stayed smooth at all times. The worst example of this is in the 2nd training mission ("Chicane"), the first 10 seconds of the race is a slide show. Also I notice it alot on the first 2 turns at Sepang. When there are lots of bikes near you, these 2 turns really chug. However in Time Trial mode, it is pretty smooth.

I havent played online yet, so I cant comment on Live games.

Yes the training missions are extremely tedious. I have 10 of the 15 complete, not sure I will be able to ever get the last 5 done. They are damn hard.

Overall I am really enjoying the game. I only started playing the demo of Moto GP 1 a few weeks ago, I have a lot of practice ahead if I hope to compete with some of the times put up by TV!

Jeff

11. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

I have an old Xbox, I bought it on release day.

The framerate problem isnt bad enough that it detracts from the game too much. Everything is smooth in time-trial mode. But in career mode, with 20 bikes on the track, it does get choppy every once in a while.