What's with cheap game prices on eBay?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Wright, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

Hello - I'm new to this forum. Snagged a Gamecube for Christmas. [​IMG]
    Anyway, I want to buy more games - specifically Wave Race, as it looks like fun & I love 4 player racing type games - so I decided to check eBay, figuring I could save some money. Dozens of sellers have "brand new" games for under $20! How are they doing this?
    I always figure if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Anyone know what the catch is? Or does everyone here buy their games online for the same price as a DVD? I can see my game collection exploding at these prices...
    Thank you!

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Wave Race is over a year old, basically. There's little resale value in it to the likes of EB/GameStop, so prices for it are cheap. A quick scan on ebay made it look like it's definitely older or unpopular titles that are around $20... Certainly looks that way to me.

3. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

What I have found is people buy a bunch of rental games, and do the "home sealer" on them and sell them as sealed...... which technically I guess they are (argghhh)
    but yeah you will pay between 39.00-47.00 (plus shipiing) for games that are a month or so old.

Games that are like 6 months- 1 year old go for 12.00-25.00 But then again that all depends on the game....... (example GTA 3 is going for 25.00 on ebay now)

Sports games also get pretty cheap pretty quick. I saw earlier All Star Baseball 2003 was going for 10.83 With like 10 minutes left.

LOTTA GOOD DEALS ON EBAY!