What's with all the marathons on New Year's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ike, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

It seems like everyone's having marathons-Comedy Central is having a 12 hour "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" marathon tomorrow, History has an "In Search Of" marathon on today, I've got Sci-Fi's "Twilight Zone" Chain Reaction Marathon in the background, HBO's got a Sex and the City marathon, and I think TLC is having a Junkyard Wars marathon...what's the deal? Is this tradition, or just a way to get a minimum number of employees there on New Year's?

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

It's a way of filling up the time slots with something that's less expensive than new programming but still gives you a hook to sell to advertisers and promote to the public.

M.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I'm looking forward to watching some of the Twilight Zone marathon tonight. But it bugs me that Sci-Fi Channel has the exclusive broadcast rights to this classic series; I miss its being available on regular, non-cable channels; think of all the persons who don't have cable and who never get to see this series as a result.

(Our local KTLA-Channel 5 used to broadcast its own Twilight Zone marathons on Thanksgiving.)

4. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

It's going to be "The Honeymooner's" for 17 hours, starting at midnight in the NYC metro area on Channel 11 !!!!

5. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

What I would give for a "Simpsons" marathon !!!!

6. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Or a King of the Hill marathon for that matter
    ||
    /
    /
    [​IMG] [​IMG]