What's new

What's with all the content above the forum list?? (1 Viewer)

brian a

Second Unit
That thing has been growing like wildfire. It takes 4 page scrolls to get to the first forum listing on a 1024x768 monitor now. That seems a bit excessive, no?

brian a

Second Unit
Not saying that there's not good content there. I just expect a site named the Home Theater Forum to feature the forum part of the site. I think that's why most folks are here. Maybe some of it could be moved into the footer.

Yeah. I use a wheel, but I didn't want to say that it took 4 wheel spins to get to the content. That's a little more subjective than clicking the scroll bar.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I still say Parker should add a large semi-nude photo of a girl laying seductively across the top of the front page banners, beckoning us to enter, what ya say, ok who just screamed 'sexist pig', eh?;)
Ist dis de homenudistforume, ja?:emoji_thumbsup:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Um, Steve, there is a place like that on the World Wide Web. It's called "Adult DVD Talk." :)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Ah, but Brian - if you hold down the wheel and drag quickly it zooms up I think...
Incidentally you might want to take the edit option on the left of one of your posts and put yourself in the right timezone...unless it *is* local London time over there in Texas??!!? :confused:

brian a

Second Unit
I'm way too datacenter oriented to work on anything but UTC. All of my machines, even my home boxes, go by it. If GMT is as close as I can get, I'll take it.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
brian:

All lot of that stuff will be falling off after awhile like the DVD R information, the Minority Report, the Scooterpolluza, etc. That will help reduce this a lot.

Parker

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i sort-of agree with brian. it seems like there's a lot of "stuff" at the top.
i understand the need for the ad banners, etc. i mean, you folks have to get paid.
i just wish it could be "cleaned up" a touch - it seems somewhat sporadic.
again, a very minor gripe and nothing i'm not willing to deal with to be a member here.
just my .01

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I'm with Frank: Really, I don't see the problem. Most of it is info for our members, only a very short height of the total are ad-banners. If it doesn't interest you, too bad, but there may be persons who like to absorb these things.

Tip: BTW, I don't use the wheel to go to the forum sections, the slider is much faster, almost instantaneous.

And really not to offend anyone, but does the notion bitch, bitch, bitch, whine, bitch, whine, meddle, meddle, bitch, bitch, whine, whine, meddle, bitch ring a bell?

Cees

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
And really not to offend anyone, but does the notion bitch, bitch, bitch, whine, bitch, whine, meddle, meddle, bitch, bitch, whine, whine, meddle, bitch ring a bell?
ummm....not to offend anyone, but does the notion "nice attitude" ring a bell? gosh, i almost forgot that this was called the "forum feedback" section. :rolleyes
pretty lousy attitude...why have a feedback section if you're only going to get trounced on?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
all i'm saying is someone had a point of view, and you responded by saying all that person was doing was bitching and meddling.
imo, you "belittled" their feedback. you trounced on them. i was surprised to see that type of attitude, especially from a mod, who i always thought held a higher standard of conduct.
look cees, i don't want to start a silly argument. heck, for all i know i'm the only one who took offense at your statement and it was a very small offense at that. i also know you see a lot of crap on these boards, so i don't really blame you for venting.
just seemed a little harsh...that's all. no offense meant...
i should also add i was in a bad mood when i originally read your reply, that's probably why i got heated so quickly...i really don't give a hoot today....but i still think my response is valid.
okay, i'm done...kick me off my soapbox now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's not a big deal, once you get to the forum section, pick an area, and then use the drop down list to navigate the forum areas.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Ted,
Let's drink a beer on that some day.
From my side: I thought I just added a mildly ironic comment. :)
Oh, well. No big deal.
Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks