Whats up with the tackling in Madden?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Youssef, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Youssef

Youssef Stunt Coordinator

The tackling system is something that has always bothered me tremendously about the Madden series. Whenever someone runs the ball or the pass is caught, you have to have your player basically keep a 5-10 yard distance b/c if you try to tackle him by yourself, its nearly impossible. The Sega series is SO much BETTER. For this alone I cannot stand playing Madden. It gets really frustrating to me. It's as if I have no control over my player. Anyways I did buy Madden 04 but after I played ESPN I realized how much I really did love the Sega Series football. As far as graphics go, ESPN destroys Madden. Madden looks really ugly when I compare it to ESPN's graphics. I have it hooked up to a hi-def widescreen TV and man can I definitely tell the difference. The running game is also much stronger in ESPN. The only thing that Madden has over ESPN is the passing game. I believe that the passing game in ESPN is way to slow and it takes forever to get a pass to the reciever even when I throw a bullet.

2. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

Tackling is like every other aspect of the game. You have to know how to do it. I have absolutely no problems tackling. In fact, it has improved so much over the years. Madden 2004 is by far the best football game out there. And I've played them all. Graphics may not be as good, I can't really debate that with my set up. As for the running game, Madden is very realistic and if you can conquer the stiff arm and playmaker function, you can score easily against a rookie player. It takes skill to play Madden which is why I think it's the best game out there.

3. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

Madden's tackling physics have always been the most realistic, and Sega has finally caught on. Anyone who's ever put on a helmet in real life will tell you Sega's dive tackles were straight out of nfl blitz. Many times you have to give up a few yards to be sure you get the ideal tackle angle. Overall this year I like Sega's tackling the best, but Madden's isn't bad either.

4. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Yeah... you just have to hit, you can't dive tackle and expect to bring a guy down, Damien's right. If you think it's possible, you've never played football. I don't mind the tackling in Madden.

5. Youssef

Youssef Stunt Coordinator

Ya i guess you guys would be right. I never thought of it that way.