What's up with the "member since" setting?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff peterson, Mar 17, 2003.

1. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

Hey, Parker.

On the Hardware for Sale forum here , a guy is selling a Yammy DSP-A1. So, of course, I'm curious to see how long he's been a member. I guess I link longevity here with trustworthiness.

Anyway, his posting don't show the usual member since verbiage and if I look at his profile, it says he's been a member since December 31, 1969 (I know that was before the forum's 'born on' date).

Any ideas when this guy's been a member since?

2. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

If PHP's 'date' (or 'gmdate', depending on the version of vBulletin) function is passed an invalid date or zero, it defaults to midnight GMT on January 1, 1970 (the UNIX epoch). Adjusting for your time zone, it'll return December 31, 1969. Basically it means that the date in the database for that user is no good.

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Jeff:

As Adam stated that is a Unix code for members that do not have a sign up date. When we moved everyone over from UBB if a member never had a sign up date with that software nothing was transferred over. Anyone that has a date like that in their bio has been here before October of 1997 or thereabouts.

I have modified the software so that if they have nothing in their sign up date (which can only occur if they have been here before our move over to vBulletin) it will not show any type of date.

Parker