What's new

What's up with "The Jerk" HD DVD & Amazon Delay? (1 Viewer)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Ordered the HD DVD "The Jerk" from Amazon.com back on February 7, that had a release date of April 17, 2007.

On 4-17-07, I received an Amazon email telling me the movie was delayed until 4-24-07. When checking other sites, like DVD Empire, I found that they had it "IN STOCK" on April 17th.

Thought I would let it go and wait until today, the 24th, but received an email from Amazon.com that the disc was delayed again until June 25, 2007.:eek:

It would be interesting to know if anyone has received "The Jerk" from Amazon, or any other online or B&M store, to figure out what's going on.

When I called Amazon, they said their supplier would determine what's delayed.

Politics with the distributor?
Who would choose who would get the movie and in what quantity?

Don't think it wil be worth the $2.40 I would save with the Amazon discount, to wait until June 25th!:rolleyes

Paul

Edit: Added source links for "Release date" and "In Stock" information.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Got my copy from Amazon right on schedule. Placed an order for the Jerk and the Game a few weeks ago and got both last Wednesday.

When you see stuff like that happen your best bet is to cancel and re-order.

Case in point - yesterday my order for this week, which contained Eternal Sunshine HD, Parenthood SE and Planet Earth BD has my first two items in "Shipping Soon" status, but the PE set as not yet shipped.

Fearing the now known supply issue for PE, I placed a separate order for it, which went to S'hipping Soon" pretty quickly. I then canceled the other remaining piece of my original order.

I don't know how Amazon sorts order priority, but it does not appear to be by earliest order.

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
Paul, I'm guessing Amazon is simply mishandling your order because it was for the initially-planned HD-DVD/DVD combo release of The Jerk (if I remember correctly Universal changed it to a non-combo towards the end of February). Amazon more or less canceled that item and re-added it as a separate non-combo release with a different ASIN number, so you'd probably be better off canceling your existing order and placing a new one. It's listed as In Stock on the site.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Thanks Pete S and everyone else for the feedback!

Called Amazon a second time, regarding this order and the lady checked and verified the different ASIN #.

You have a great memory Pete!:cool:

She said, because I called twice about the same order today she would give me a $5.00 promotion on my next order and cancelled the first.

"The Jerk" HD DVD will be shipped today!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Thanks again,

Paul

*Edited for capitalization of Pete's name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks