whats up with teamxbox.com

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by shane_watson, Aug 22, 2002.

1. shane_watson

shane_watson Stunt Coordinator

ive tried to access thier site for two days now..if anyone has any info on this let me know..... p.s. im chosen for beta testing!

2. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

One - I hate you (nothing personal - just jealous you got picked! [​IMG] )
    Two - Can't get their either. You can't even look up the domain. I looked up the domain name in whois, and the registration info all looks bogus (address, phone etc.) hmmm..

3. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

I believe they are switching hosts so will be out for a probably a week according to them. Their messageboards were probably the slowest on the internet.

4. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

Most likely some type of upgrade. They were getting numerous complaints about how slow the sight was. And it was!

5. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Yes, it sure is lonely without TeamPopUp around. Great site, but man I got tired of clicking closed all the Orbitz and Classmates and other popups every time I clicked a link there!

6. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Right before the Xbox was released, the site went down & was subsequently saved by funding from EBgames. Maybe they ran out of funds?

-Dave

7. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

Dave Falasco - you should try a free program like PopUp Killer (if you can find it - the creator quit updating it).
    I use the last version of PopUp Killer and it works perfect, killing popups almost as soon as they appear. I've tried similar programs but it works best.