What's up with "Second Skin (aka Segunda Piel)?"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by David Ruiz, Jul 8, 2004.

1. David Ruiz

David Ruiz Second Unit

Have any of you guys ever heard of a Spanish movie called "Second Skin" in Spanish it's called "Segunda Peil?"

There are currently two versions being sold right now.

Rated R

&

Unrated Version

I bought the Unrated version, and it even says so on the cover. But when I opened the cover, the actual disc itself says it's RATED "R."

Did I get the wrong disc inside of the cover, or did the manufacturer accidentally print the wrong label on all of their Unrated DVDs?

Also, if the rated "R" discs are inside of the "Unrated" covers, which discs are inside of the "Rated R" covers? Maybe you have to buy the "Rated R" cover, in order to get the "Unrated" DVD?

Can anyone please help me out here?

2. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    David,

I just looked at my copy of the DVD. The outside front says "unrated version". On the actual DVD disc itself, there is no rating indicated; neither R nor unrated.

How long is the running time on your version? I just checked my disc -- the end of the credits end at 1:40:05. According to imdb, the film runs 110 minutes. I'm beginning to wonder if they actually released an unrated version. [​IMG]

3. David Ruiz

David Ruiz Second Unit

Thanks so much for your information Elizabeth.

That's very weird that your disc has nothing on it.

I had rented this movie 3 times from Netflix (only because I wanted to see the Unrated Version) and each time they would ship it out, the outside slip would say "unrated" but the DVD itself would say rated "R."

I have no idea what this all means though. Maybe there is no "unrated" version out there. It's obvious that they are packing rated "R" discs inside of the unrated cases, and probably are doing the same for the rated "R" cases as well.

When did you buy your DVD? I just bought mine last week. I wonder if this is a "new" thing.

I stuck the DVD into PowerDVD and selected "Show Information." It adds a little box in the upper right hand corner that says the the movie lasts 1:40:07

I wonder how long the rated "R" version lasts. I know my disc says rated "R" on it, but I'm talking about the discs inside of the rated "R" case. I wonder if those are shorter.

Does anyone have any more information on this movie, and these discs?

4. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    I got my DVD in April 2003.

That is all very strange.

This review from DVDBeaver also states that the New Yorker version doesn't seem to be presented in OAR:

http://207.136.67.23/film/DVDReview/secondskin.htm

[​IMG]

The Spanish PAL version has a 110 minute running time -- could the discrepancy with the running time be a PAL to NTSC issue?