What's new

What's up with Carefree chewing gum? (1 Viewer)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
My favorite gum used to be Carefree Spearmint (in the green pack), however this became harder and harder to find about 2 years or so ago, so I switched over to Carefree Koolerz Mint Splash. Today they were out of it at the serveral stores and one of the clerks said all Carefree gum had been discontinued! What the heck?

I did a Google search and this candy site also says all Carefree has been discontinued. http://www.itsalldirect2u.com/browse...-12-15-ct.html

Does anyone else know if this is really true, and why? I am addicted to Carefree so I had better start stocking up!

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
haha. Now if someone asks for a piece of gum, you have to debate if the are 'carefree worthy'

that is strange though, it seemed to be a very popular gum.

mylan

Screenwriter
Man, I hope this isn't true, I chew through a plenty pack a day, regular bubblegum. I have noticed that if a store carries Extra, they usually do not carry Carefree. Extra tastes like cough sryup, yuck!!

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I like Extra. I don't chew gum much, but when I do, it's Extra. Never had Carefree though.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
This happens to me occasionally - a product I love suddenly disappears. There's a pasta sauce I enjoy that I was disappointed to find wasn't sold in CAlifornia when I moved there. On moving to Illinois I was near estatic to find it still being sold. Guess what - less than a year later it has completely disappeared. I can't even find it on the company's website. Had I known I would have stocked up on the stuff.

It's like a tease - 10 years of craving then only to be teased for a few short months before it was taken away.

sniff.

-paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks