What's Up Doc? Did it get released?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Floto, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

I was under the impression that the DVD release of What's Up Doc? had been pushed back, but my new mailer from Columbia House has it listed.
    I've checked around, and can't find any mention of this DVD on any other website...nor is it listed on the Columbia House DVD site (just in their mailer)!
    Does anyone know what the deal is here?

2. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

This is a Warner title and it was supposedly going to be released in a Streisand box set but I've heard nothing about any release date of the box set yet.

3. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

I hope it gets released as an individual title - I am not at all a "Streisand fan" but do love this movie. I've never seen it in OAR, nor with even a decent print/transfer.

4. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Agreed. I like *some* striesand movies but I'm not prepared to buy a box set to get this title!!!
    Oy-vey!
    dave [​IMG]

5. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

Amazon.com still has it up for pre-order with a November 12th street date.
    However, I thought I heard the box set had been pushed back to 2003-- not sure if the single release was still coming. But I can't find it listed anywhere else so this could still be an error on Amazon's site.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...55020?v=glance

6. David_Jr

David_Jr Supporting Actor

Dave
    Count me in: Movie only, no box set thank you.

7. Robert Floto

Back to my question...this month's mailer for the Columbia House DVD Club has it listed. Am I to assume this is a mistake, and they meant to place it in their catalog next month? The mailer does list it as New...

8. JimmyK

JimmyK Second Unit

Jim
    Last time I looked (October), Amazon had What's Up Doc listed available Nov 12th separately or with the box set. However, now I can't find any mention of it on any site. The IMDB has it listed as available in the US on DVD, but when I click on the link, it says it cannot be found.

Anyone know what's going on here? I would think that if it was just a matter of a delayed release date, the various sites would list the new date. But it's as if it just disappeared with no explaination.

JimmyK

9. John Lloyd

John Lloyd Stunt Coordinator

This was discussed in another thread around here. I found
    it by searching for Bogdanovich, but could not see how
    to paste the link here.
    From that thread:
    http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd...2002/08_05.html
    In other upcoming title news, director Peter Bogdonavich recently gave an interview to Video Premieres Magazine, discussing work he has recently undertaken with producer Laurent Bouzereau to prepare many of his biggest films for DVD release. "I asked to work with Laurent," said Bogdanovich, "he's excellent at what he does." Titles include the Oscar winner Paper Moon, the controversial Targets and Daisy Miller. The director has already begun recording commentaries for the releases, all tentatively due from Paramount in 2003, which will join another of the director's favorites, What's Up Doc?, as part of Warner's new Barbra Streisand collection, also due in 2003. Watch for more details in the coming months.

10. Robert Floto

Strangely, What's Up Doc? has remained listed in the past two Columbia House catalogs. I wonder what they tell people if they order it...?

11. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    I contacted Warner Brothers yesterday.

I only was able to find out that the studio was
    still waiting for finished product. They have
    promised me an early screener when it is available
    and you can bet that I will be reviewing it.

Great film!

12. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Can't wait!!! [​IMG]