What's this movie called?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenA, Mar 27, 2002.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

It had this neanderthal or some other kind of early human walking around Africa, or a place with a similar landscape as Africa. He does all kinds of stuff, watches the animals, etc. Later on he notices what I think is horse footprints and modern human footprints. He then sees them a little later. At the end he throws his axe or whatever into the ocean. I saw this a few times years ago a on either HBO or Cinemax. I don't remember the name, and can't figure it out. Thanks for any help.

2. Luc D

Luc D Second Unit

This is just a guess and I may even get the title wrong but, could it be "The Quest for Fire"?

3. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    While QUEST FOR FIRE (1981) certainly covers some of the same ground, the title of the film you seek is actually MISSING LINK (1986). I believe it's due on Region 1 DVD from Anchor Bay in the near future.

4. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Quest For Fire is the film my friends and I watch and laughed at when they started having neanderthal sex. But the name of the film I believe is The Missing Link.

5. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Ok, thanks. I looked Missing Link up at IMDB, and it looks and sounds like the one I was thinking of.

6. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Gotta be
    The Missing Link
    Saw it in Thailand once. I don't know why.....